:::Macs in movies:::

It was kinda interesting at first to see stylish-looking Macs both desktops and laptops in movies in mid, late 90's. It was pretty understable from a marketing point of view too. But come on, it's been almost 10 years that almost each and every computer in any movie is a Mac!

It's really old now. Don't they have any other unique computer designs to show? Yeah I know, Apple as a company probably donates these computers or pays something so that their computers are being shown in films (a form of advertising), but I think it's time producers/directors/studios understood that after seeing Macs in movies for 10 years, they kinda lost their uniqness and appeal.

P.S. Please don't turn this thread to Mac vs PC's and keep it to discussion of Macs in movies.

It's not just movies. Watch some TV shows, especially on CBS. At least half of the computers on the CSI shows are Macs (more on CSI and CSI:Miami than CSI:NY). The show Numb3rs has PowerBooks in use all of the time, and half the time they don't even bother to cover the Apple logo.

Yeah I know, Apple as a company probably donates these computers or pays something so that their computers are being shown in films (a form of advertising), but I think it's time producers/directors/studios understood that after seeing Macs in movies for 10 years, they kinda lost their uniqness and appeal.

586718579[/snapback]

You'll probably find that most people don't care or even notice what brand of compter is being used as a movie prop.