Winamp CD Case Beta 11

i am using winamp 5.11 but it did that with 5.093 and 5.092 aswell. when i click another window/location right after i closed it, it works fine. if i don'T do anything it pops up right after i closed it.

Yeah, I couldn't live without this program either. :) I haven't had any problems with it since you (Carlos) updated it so it wouldn't keep bringing Winamp up whenever the CD Case hotkey is pressed.

I almost feel bad for asking for extra features to this already great program, but... :p

- I'd really like it if it was possible to set the %track% input so that it displayed the album track no. (as listed in the ID3 tags), instead of the playlist track no.

And I'd like to add my vote to one of the requests from the old thread about a possible progress bar (as long as it doesn't use too much resources).

I think if those were implemented I'd probably never ever have to have Winamp open on my desktop ever again, except to change playlists. Not that I don't like Winamp, but I usually control it with hotkeys, and CD Case pretty much gives me all the info I need, while looking better too. :D

- I'd really like it if it was possible to set the %track% input so that it displayed the album track no. (as listed in the ID3 tags), instead of the playlist track no.

And I'd like to add my vote to one of the requests from the old thread about a possible progress bar (as long as it doesn't use too much resources).

586723643[/snapback]

I've added support for ID3 track tag. Please test it. Read this can be tricky sometimes... But if everything goes fine it will be permanently added.

The new build is here:

http://www.closetosoftware.com/temp/wccb11b53.zip

Regarding progress bar: I never say never but it's not in the plans right now. Sorry.

Hi Carlos,

Thanks again for the fast reply!

Regarding the track numbers, it seems to work fine for me so far. I've tested it with a few tracks, and they all showed the track number perfectly.

tracknos9ly.jpg

I will continue to test this build and let you know if I notice any problems.

In case you need the info, this is my setup:

- Windows XP SP 2

- Winamp 5.05

- Winamp CD Case Beta 11 Build 53

- all MP3s fully tagged with both ID3v1 and v2

- all cover images read from covers' folder (Artist - Album.jpg format)

What would be fantastic is if this could be used as the notifier. I use Winamp in dock mode all the time, and have a notifier (not the Winamp default) pop up when it changes tracks. Is it possible for WCC to go from Pin-to-desktop to Always-on-top when the track changes and then goes back to Pin-to-desktop after a timeout? Also adding fading eye candy when this happens will the best.

Oh, and can it store the album art in the ID3v2 tags?

Edited by danj205

OK I found one bug with the new build. :p

For some songs, no album cover will show up, even though I definitely have the album cover art in the covers' folder. In such a case, the notifier will not show the track number line at all.

For example if I have my notifier line set as "%album%%newline%Track %track%" the whole new line below the album field does not appear.

If I switch back to the newest Beta 10 build, the cover will show up correctly, and the notifier will show the line Track %track% but with the playlist track number instead.

bug2kb.jpg

The songs that had these problems were correctly labelled with a track number in both the ID3v1 and v2 tags.

Additionally, for these songs, on Beta 11 Build 53, if I double click on CD Case to download the cover from Amazon, it will save it to my covers' folder as a file named Artist - Album, but not as a .jpg. For example:

cover7jr.jpg

As you can see, I already had the cover in the covers' folder, but CD Case wasn't reading it. I'm sure the newly downloaded file is exactly the same as the one I already had, because they were both downloaded from Amazon, and they are the exact same file size.

Very weird bug. :unsure:

Edited by eek

eek,

Please try build 84: http://www.closetosoftware.com/temp/wcc11b83.zip

Does the first beta 11 work properly? (first beta 11: http://www.closetosoftware.com/temp/wccb11.zip)

If it does not work I'd like to take a look at your song. You can send me just a small part if you want using mp3DirectCut). My email: support@closetosoftware.com

I have added a simple progress bar just for you to test (it was not added as an option yet).

Thanks.

Hi Carlos,

Nope, sorry to say I get the same problems (no %track% line, album art not being saved as .jpg) with both Build 84 and the first Beta 11.

The songs still work fine with Beta 10.

I have sent you a portion of the song in question via yousendit. It is about 20 seconds long, 282 kb. I cropped it using MP3surgeon, and I tested it to confirm that it displays the same problems as the full song.

The progress bar seems to work fine so far, no noticeable jumps in resource usage.

Thanks, and I hope this is helpful.

Hi eek,

Many thanks! Your file really helped me!

I have made some tests and I was able to find the issue (a null char at the end of the song's tag).

I think it's working properly now (the cover download was ok too). Please test it.

Build 89: http://www.closetosoftware.com/temp/wcc11b89.zip

By the way, what did you think the progress bar? Is it worth to let it? Or did you think something different?

Awesome! It works perfectly now (as far as I can tell...). :)

I tested it with all the songs that I had noticed the earlier bug with, and everything worked fine.

Thank you very much for all your hard work. :D

Just out of curiosity, is the null character thing bad? Why do some MP3s have it and some not? Because all my MP3s are tagged with the same program: MP3 Tag Tools v1.2.

As for the progress bar, I like it so far. As I have said, I didn't notice any significant increase in CD Case's resource usage with the new progress bar. I have tested it on a few songs (including really long and really short ones), and have not noticed any problems or errors with it.

Of course I know you are just putting it in to this build as a test, so you did not include options for it yet, but if is ever implemented in an actual release it would be great if the user were allowed to adjust the position and size of it just like we can the cover and notifier text, or to hide it if they didn't want it.

Thanks again. :)

i just updated to the latest build and it has a progress bar. can i turn it off somehow?

586726373[/snapback]

Yep, go back to 11b53. It's just a test, no options. What did you do, download it without reading anything? :p

it would be great it it could fetch the album art by itself....

586726379[/snapback]

It can, if it's available from Amazon. Check Options >> Download for options or just double-click the case for a manual search.

The reading comprehension skills of some of you guys is really problematic.  :no:

586723381[/snapback]

:p

as i requested i'd like all text related options undero ne tab. currently it's under options and skin manager. but maybe that's just me :laugh:

I think it would be really useful if the user could adjust the position and size of the progress bar like:

length (how many pixels wide)

adjust position (top - pad by no. of pixels; left - pad by no. of pixels)

Or something like that - similar to how you can adjust the album cover image, or the notifier text. :)

Right now it tends to be wider than any of the CD Case skins, which looks a little awkward I think.

Good stuff tho'. This program is better than ever!

as i requested i'd like all text related options undero ne tab. currently it's under options and skin manager. but maybe that's just me :laugh:

586727488[/snapback]

Skin Manager reloaded! Test build 107! :)

I think it would be really useful if the user could adjust the position and size of the progress bar like:

length (how many pixels wide)

adjust position (top - pad by no. of pixels; left - pad by no. of pixels)

Or something like that - similar to how you can adjust the album cover image, or the notifier text. :)

Right now it tends to be wider than any of the CD Case skins, which looks a little awkward I think.

Good stuff tho'. This program is better than ever!

586727666[/snapback]

For now progress bar is the same size of the case (take a look at "case.png" and you'll understand why progress bar seems to be bigger).

The progress bar size and position is possible!

WCC Beta 11 Build 107

- New Skin Manager (please configure your notifier position and text format again!): the new skin manager includes all settings that envolves the way a skin should be used or the way it was made to be used by the skin's author. So if you see a skin's screenshot and you download it, it will be really close to it (unless you don't have the same font used...).

- Skin Manager: WCC will search first for a "preview.png" to show as a skin's preview, then for the "case.png".

- Progress bar custom color added (the control doesn't use absolute color, but pastel tons).

Download:

http://www.closetosoftware.com/temp/wcc11b107.zip

:)

Edited by Carlos11

Carlos, you're awesome. Fast and always excellent updates. :)

The new build is great too. I really like the new skin manager, much more customizable.

Thanks for coding such a nice app. :)