Official "Which digital cam should I buy" thread

With so many thread starting which camera should I buy, I thought it was a good idea to make a thread for people.

First of all, you need to know your needs. The number of pixels, the optical zoom you would like are the most important

Second of all, what kind of camera you would like. Point & Shoot, Bridge, dSLR ?

Now to compare price, kind, zoom and anything else imaginable, help us by using the best website over the net to compare camera

this website is http://www.dpreview.com

There is a link to put camera side-by-side and compare. All cameras are there and you can compare everything

happy shopping

mods: could we pin this topic? If I missed something guys, let me know!

ciao

But would it not require you to know the features you wish to get in a given price range? I could give you any price range and I'm sure there'd be a ton to choose from. Seeing as I know nothing, how would I know what features are best?

he never said it was his forum, he was just trying to get a centralized thread to kinda help keep the subforum tidy and organized. ... while im here, is the canon powershot sd200 a good camera?? anyone had any experience with it ?

he never said it was his forum, he was just trying to get a centralized thread to kinda help keep the subforum tidy and organized. ... while im here, is the canon powershot sd200 a good camera?? anyone had any experience with it ?

586759743[/snapback]

exactly.

and you dont need to be an expert to use that website

you can also just compare same price camera and choose one from that list

I was just refering the site since even expert browse this wonderful website for news and technical informations

well since no one answered my question, i went ahead and bid on it .. and won. So, I should have my brand new camera either friday, or monday :p Shipping from NJ to AL.

well since no one answered my question, i went ahead and bid on it .. and won.  So, I should have my brand new camera either friday, or monday :p Shipping from NJ to AL.

586760199[/snapback]

I have a sd200. It's a nice point and shoot camera. But like all cameras in that range, you need good lighting, or your pictures turn out with lots of noise.

I have a sd200. It's a nice point and shoot camera. But like all cameras in that range, you need good lighting, or your pictures turn out with lots of noise.

586768310[/snapback]

Well, i have an IXUS 700, and to reduce noise i decrease shutter speed.