I Quit Smoking!

Yep I quit to , I used to dip snuff, then smoke, Sometimes doing both at the same time..... For 15 years I did this , Then Dec 31 of 04 I quit cold turkey.... havent looked back... an it feels good . Good luck to you !

Congratulations.

I stopped last Monday, cold turkey style. Its proving a bit hard, getting stressful at work but im slowly pulling through and seeing more benefits of quitting. I used to smoke a pack (20) of Royals a day. Its willpower.

Now the harder part is trying to lure my brother over to the good side, as he smokes but i live with him, so the tempation of a cigarette lying around is always there.

Keep up the good work DreAming in DigITal and everyone else who posted thats quitting/quit :)

WhyQuit.com - A good source of inspiration and motivation.

QuitKeeper - A little systray program that you can track money/life saved by not smoking on.

The combination of these too things and strong will power helped me to quit cold turkey for four months. I started again while having too much time in Mexico, but did not NEED a cigarette. The "need" goes away in a few days, and any remaining thoughts start dwindling after about 7 days. I was well through many days of not even thinking about cigarettes.

I'll be quitting again very soon.

I like smoking. It feels good and looks cool. Of course, I usually only smoke about 5 cigarettes a day, so I'm not crazy about it. I do it mostly out of boredom.

I don't think there is anything wrong with smoking, or quiting. But it sounds like it was difficult for you, so congrats!

I fkn hate smokers, you better quit before i knock on your door with my desert eagle.

I hate the ones especially who smoke around you and i'll personally run 200 metres away from them, i know people who have died from passive smoking so the lesson is DONT SMOKE AROUND PEOPLE

Hey everyone...I just wanted to give an update...I hit two weeks today and it has actually been much easier than I thought!! I no longer have the habitual urges to smoke and the cravings are totally gone!!! WhooHoo!!

Hey everyone...I just wanted to give an update...I hit two weeks today and it has actually been much easier than I thought!! I no longer have the habitual urges to smoke and the cravings are totally gone!!! WhooHoo!!

586796792[/snapback]

Congrats dude :yes: