grill cloth on or grill cloth off?

What do you think your speakers look better with?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think your speakers look better with?

• I like the cloth coverings on.
    • I like the cloth coverings off.
    • My speakers don't have removable coverings :(.

Simple question: Do you like the looks of your speakers with their cloth coverings on or off?

meh, i like them off because (A) they look sexy when you can see the woofers and (B) they sound better.

I would like to have them off, but I hate it when they collect dust and it makes it look old. Not to mention I'm lazy. But damn it looks sexy when its off.

yah, i agree-dust can be an issue. Once a week or so i just clean off the dust with a cloth. Also depends on how your speakers really look-a typical one from the '70s or '80s probably doesnt look too great with the grills off, but a speaker like the B&W Nautilus series looks tight without the grill.

I like the grill on. Not only does it add aesthetic appeal, in my eyes, but it also servers to protect the speaker from any minor bumps and such.

Did anyone else think of BBQ's when opening this thread (like how do you clean your grill or something)?

Anyways, i prefer the grill on because it protects the delicate parts of the speaker from being damaged.

if i had really sweet home theater speakers, I'd probably have them off. But mine are in-wall...and not UBER sweet..so it doesnt even have a removable grill. I do keep my grills on w/ my klipsch 5.1 ultra's though