Xbox Tributary Review

Review of the Xbox

Well, a year with the Xbox, and its already dying. It depresses me, it really does. So, from October 24 to December 24, I am holding my Tribute to the Xbox! Why those dates? Well, very simply, Christmas!!!!!

And what better way to hold a tribute than to do a review? So, here goes. Its been a while since my last review, so this might not be my best, but I?ll give it my all.[Welcome to the world of Xbox!u>[/i]i>

Ok, you could say my grandfather spoils me a little bit. Yup, one year ago, almost and even possibly exactly one year ago, he said to me, ?Do you want an Xbox?? We got him one a few years before. And we made the wonderful trip to EB Games. I got the Xbox, an extra controller, and NBA Live 2005 and Need for Speed Underground, both of which I will briefly review later.

He brought me home, and I raced downstairs, and as quickly as possible, plugged it into my TV. And I was instantly What makes it different?t?[/i]u>

Well, a lot of things make the Xbox different than all the others (Playstation, gamecube, etc.). And I knew it the second I turned it on. Not from the game, but from the smoothness of the graphics. And the controller brought me back to the days of the Sega Dreamcast (which I decided to take out last night, good times!). It was basically Dreamcast evolvedThe gameses[/i]u>

The most interesting thing about my Xbox experience is that I never once purchased or rented Halo or Halo 2. Yes, I know, the reason for the Xbox is to get Halo, but I didn?t. Instead, I started off with NBA Live 2005 and Need for Speed Underground. I later got Star Wars Battlefront and Need for Speed Underground 2. Not a big collection, but a good one.

NBA Live 2005

I don?t usually play basketball games, but this one looked good, so I got it. To be honest, its been collecting dust over the last 11 months, because I just don?t enjoy playing Basketball games, even though it?s my favorite sport.

So, this game was good anyway. It had a great slam dunk competition, dynasty and many other modes, and the graphics were stunning. But since I never really got into it, I can?t review it very well. Maybe I?ll just have to take it out again.

Need for Speed Underground 1/2

I?m going to review these as one, even though the 2nd one was completely different. The first game I played on Xbox was Need for Speed Underground 1. And I was instantly hooked! It had great graphics, simulation was good, and the cars never ever ever got damaged (I hit a lot of walls).

And it got even better with Need for Speed Underground 2. The graphics were better, simulation was better, and cars still didn?t get damaged. And it was much more real life! You had to find the races (using a GPS system), you had to be careful with your money, and you could get hydraulics and many more useless things! Overall though, I give the game 4 out of 5 stars.

Star Wars Battlefront

Ah, my favorite game. The game that brought me through my first all-nighter with my friends. The game that got me those friends (jk), and the game that was my Halo, but not rated M.

This game does bear resemblance to Halo, but it is of course, based on Star Wars. You couldn?t be a Jedi, but they are in the game, and can be killed with only 1 trillion shots! The objective of the game was to get all the command posts and kill off the other side. If you were killed, you could go back to any of the command posts your team owned, and you could choose who to play as. Another fun thing was being able to fly a ship in certaiConclusions 5/Conclusionsi>Conclusions

So, the Xbox was definitely a good present. It brought me through some hard times, and it will be a sad day when I say goodbye to it and replace it with the Xbox 360. And no, I also didn?t ever try Xbox Live, I?m going to when the 360 comes out. Be ready for another (better) review when that happens.

Simon

October 30th, 2005

If anyone wants to add something, I don't have a lot of games, so you could leave a reply with it here and I'll make sure people know you wrote it.