"you are invited !" spam problem

Question

escristian

I've notice today that my inbox is full of emails from other servers postmasters saying that the email I sent was returned. All to emails that I dont know. The subject of the e-mail is "you are invited".

I just wanted to know if people have been getting these things and what to do to stop it. I have the usual, firewall anti-virus and anti-adware software.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

pyehac

did you recently sign up for free stuff or input your email address into a few websites?

escristian

Not really. What I find really weird is that the e-mails seem like if they were sent from my computer. In my Outlook outbox I actually saw one of the emails, but not for all the other that I keep getting. I use Windows Antyspiware and did a scan and nothing. Will do a scan with adaware next. I'm not new to computers and i use a dummy email account for questionable sites (we all know we go to those sites :rolleyes: )

Anyways will keep looking if anyone knows anything about this let me know :)

El_Cu_Guy
did you recently sign up for free stuff or input your email address into a few websites?

Answer >> Not really !?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Translation: Duh, I might have given it out to one or two sites but I didn't expect that it would generate this amount of garbage mail. I thought the amount of spam you got was equal to the number of duuuuhhhhhhh.

I use Windows Antyspiware and did a scan and nothing. Will do a scan with adaware next.

Wrong programs, wrong problem.

I'm not new to computers and i use a dummy email account for questionable sites (we all know we go to those sites

You just painted a giant target on your butt. Let the insults fly!

By the way. It's called SPOOFING!