xBox360 Displays at Bestbuy!

I was at Bestbuy looking at Dyson vacs and low and behold, they had an xBox360 on display!

The graphics were very sweet.

This is the Bestbuy in Springfeld, OR if anyone cares.

Did not see if there were any playable demos though, needed to run some errands.

Hrm... i wonder if my store got one setup since friday night... we shall see...

586750374[/snapback]

I don't know when they got it installed. It's been at least 2 weeks since I was last in there.

canada better be getting one soon then again it wont be good for me because i work at future shop and going on nights soon for our trucks hence playing 360 all night instead of work.

A guy at the Best Buy in Orland Park, IL said that they will be getting the Xbox 360 display within the next week.

586750351[/snapback]

Yeah, I went to the same Best Buy in Orland, or was it. They said the same but I don't know if it was the same.

Was it the one near the Super Target or whatever and that furniture store?

how are the graphics? just like the trailers? or now you can definitly say that the trailers are alll pre-rendered?

586754984[/snapback]

The CoD2 graphics looked really good to me, even when considering that I play CoD2 on my PC w/ a high end setup. I did overhear confirmation that they didn't hook up the x360 w/ the HD cables...so i'm not entirely sure if i saw the x360 at its best.

And another thing w/ the controller...I was a fan of the original Duke controller of the Xbox, and detested the Controller-S. But the x360 controller just contours so well to my hand that I can safely say that it's the best controller I've ever used in my life :yes:

The CoD2 graphics looked really good to me, even when considering that I play CoD2 on my PC w/ a high end setup. I did overhear confirmation that they didn't hook up the x360 w/ the HD cables...so i'm not entirely sure if i saw the x360 at its best.

And another thing w/ the controller...I was a fan of the original Duke controller of the Xbox, and detested the Controller-S. But the x360 controller just contours so well to my hand that I can safely say that it's the best controller I've ever used in my life :yes:

586754992[/snapback]

Small question. What texture quality was there for Cod 2 on xbox360? Extra/Extra/Extra or even higher? Or lower?

Small question. What texture quality was there for Cod 2 on xbox360? Extra/Extra/Extra or even higher? Or lower?

586756098[/snapback]

The texture quality was certainly not out of this world. I would say like a fairly high end PC game.

I saw one in EB Games last week sometime. It was nice...obviously better than any console I've seen yet, but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. The graphics on models up close was amazing, but things off in the distance looked like it needed some good old AA. Was very choppy looking. Overall it looks like its gonna be pretty nice...but I'm not spending my money on it.

The texture quality was certainly not out of this world. I would say like a fairly high end PC game.

586756134[/snapback]

That's because EA got lazy with COD2 for Xbox 360, it wasn't made from the ground up and it was minimally optimized for Xbox 360. Basically, it's just a port directly from the PC version of the game so don't expect next-gen calibur graphics from that title, smooth framerates though? Heck yes!

man, you guys are making me upset :( i want an xbox 360.. and how in the world, did bestbuy allow you to take pictures inside there store? or is it your camera phone?? lol