Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu Heatsink & Fan

Introduction

Hi all!

The OEM cooler that came with my P4 3.0Ghz (Northwood) drove me nuts. It was impossible to play any game because of the noise. Sometimes it seemed that my computer was going to take off (literally) that?s how noisy it was!

I have always been somewhat sceptical of the fancy coolers. Plus I?ve had a negative experience with Thermaltake cooler (although I own a case and PSU and quite happy with the company in general).Solution

Yesterday I purchased Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu Heatsink & Fan and I saw phenomenal difference. Words cannot express how happy I am with it. My life is so much better noPros

? This fan is quite and I mean it. In fact, I almost cannot hear it at full RPM which I can control with FAN MATE2 external controller.

? CPU temp. dropped from 55C to 40C at full load (playing games, encoding) and from ~45C to ~33C while doing simple tasks (or just in stand-by mode)

? Adjustable fan speed controller

? Compatible with a variety of sockets and CPUCons.

Cons

? Installation can be painful, but that?s also true for 90% of all CPU/CConclusionb>Conclusion

? Highly recommended!

? From now on I won?t even bother with fans that come in the box with new CPUs. I will simply throw them away and get a similar (or same) fan.

Cheers,

Zhivago

P.S. Don?t try to save a few buck by going with copper + aluminium heatsink. 100% copper is the way to go imho.

I have the same Zalman model on my p4 3ghz and I still hear it very well, the temp drops were not that amazing either. I was not impressed by this model at all. I was really expecting something great from them but Ive had better luck with others makes.

I see it on their help boards and things, some people have great experiences with it and others don't, its like they have 2 models or something with the same id lol

I have the same Zalman model on my p4 3ghz and I still hear it very well, the temp drops were not that amazing either.  I was not impressed by this model at all.  I was really expecting something great from them but Ive had better luck with others makes.

I see it on their help boards and things, some people have great experiences with it and others don't, its like they have 2 models or something with the same id lol

586780843[/snapback]

Did you remove the old compound? Did you apply the new layer evenly? From my experience, a lot of people underestimate the role compound plays. I find that some people would just install new heatsink onto the old layer of compound.

Words cannot express how happy I am with it. My life is so much better now.

LOL, thats classic

---

i have the same heatsink+fan. (with some artic silver 5)

temps lowered enough that i could overclock 10%, very quiet too

(changed my life too :yes: )