Windows Vista build 5221 screenshot

The round start button isn't a fake. There were pictures of it in the PDC materials and were called CONCEPT ART and Microsoft even mistakenly posted a screenshot of Vista with the round start button on their site, then later removed it.

All I forsee in the curved sidebar and curved sidebar, and curved Xbox is annoyance.

How are you supposed to maximize windows with that stupid curved bar proturding?

As for that curved start button, I wouldn't be bothered by it, but I know a ton of others who would be ****ed off about it.

All I forsee in the curved sidebar and curved sidebar, and curved Xbox is annoyance.

How are you supposed to maximize windows with that stupid curved bar proturding?

As for that curved start button, I wouldn't be bothered by it, but I know a ton of others who would be ****ed off about it.

586760177[/snapback]

the sidebar by default (I think) will be pinned to the desktop, so other windows maximize OVER it, as in, you don't see it. If you optionally choose to pin it to the side of the display, it will snap straight when a window is maximized.

I don't have a clue how this round start button would work though.

the sidebar by default (I think) will be pinned to the desktop, so other windows maximize OVER it, as in, you don't see it. If you optionally choose to pin it to the side of the display, it will snap straight when a window is maximized.

I don't have a clue how this round start button would work though.

586761674[/snapback]

The start button just stays on top of windows...

I cant remember where I found that out.

Why do I get the feeling the startmenu (all programs area) will be resizeable, becuase it looks awfully large in that screenshot to show just "internet explorer". That would be a cool feature to resize it to your likling :).

This is horrible, that round windows logo looks like crap, i do hope that this is just a test and not anything of what the final product will be, because that looks like a joke. Somthing that a user created, not microsoft.

well then dont use it and for that matter stick with your windows 95A build 2222  if ya want the old look of things why not use the origins in witch the ld look surfaced  A.K.A windows 95.

586759901[/snapback]

not everything new is good and people are entitled to their oppinions, i like the new vista look but personally hate that round button but if it means living with it, i'll do that but i still dont like it.

I don't mind some transparency in some places, but I find it confusing to have transparent window frames. I hope I can choose which elements to make transparent and which to have solid. :rofl:

None of the shots or demos have DWM enabled so I'm pretty sure it'll have a nice glowing orb effect. And I like that the orb shows up first on the desktop as explorer is loading and the rest of the bar "grows" out.... i bet that will be animated as well. Vista is going to be great, even if it doesn't look as awesome as you can imagine it looks a hell of a lot better than XP does by default and XP is still an awesome OS.

Whistle was a piece of CRAP, let me tell you.. i still remember its look and the way it worked.. damn! that sucked.. look at it now, as it became XP total and full... and now let me tell you what:

Windows Vista its going to OWN with huge letters!... This is very promising and i bet you Mac users are going to STFU once and for all...... :shifty:

For Gods sake.

The UI Doesn't matter in the LEAST. It's just a skin!

Most of us will change it to the ones we are using on window blinds now anyway!

Yeah i remember that start button being real, because they accidentally slipped it as a screenshot on their official Vista website when it first launched, then it got taken down.