[56k] 2006 Ford GTX1 Roadster

2006-Ford-GTX1-Roadster-SA-T-Top-1280x960.jpg

(from Ford Press Release)? What started out a year and a half ago as a sketch on a placemat at a Dearborn Coney Island will be one of the Ford show cars on display at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show, which opens today in Las Vegas.

Using the 1966 Sebring-winning Ford GTX1 roadster as his inspiration, Kip Ewing, a Ford Special Vehicle Team engineering supervisor, sketched a convertible version of the Ford GT, which he named -- quite appropriately -- the Ford GTX1.

"The Ford GT has been an amazing automotive icon that I've had the pleasure to work on," said Ewing. "The X1 project is a great way to answer the question, 'What if?' and utilize the power of SEMA's members in the aftermarket to get it done."

The SEMA show is the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world. This year, more than 2,000 manufacturers will display their wares in over one million square feet of space at the Las Vegas Convention Center. More than 100,000 trade professionals are expected to attend the show, which is open only to verified industry professionals and media.

Source

that is a damn sexy car:yes::

I dont really like it all that much. Well i take that back it is sexy momma but it would look tons better without T-Tops. If they went with a Targa top that would be ultra sexy or just a plain roof.

WOA must have. Shame it's a ford though, means it will fall apart within 2 weeks...

586763465[/snapback]

:rolleyes: I guess since you are in the UK you have never driven owned a Ford? :p Whoever told you they fall apart in two weeks was misinformed ;) Nice lookin car though think about the MPG :pinch:

WOA must have. Shame it's a ford though, means it will fall apart within 2 weeks...

586763465[/snapback]

For a second I was wondering where all the trolls went...

On topic: This car definitely gets my OMG award. :happy:

A motoring journalist in the UK bought a Ford GT.

It broke down repeatedly and Ford bought it back from him to save face. Hence, El Bourricot's comments are well founded on the Ford GT.

And saying that because he's from the UK, he's never driven a Ford, Ford make and sell cars in Europe. The Focus is a European Ford, as was the Mondeo (aka Contour / Mystique).

The Ford GT and the GT40 before it were designed and engineered in Europe, and I believe the GT40 was built in Slough in England. But then, technically, the GT40 wasn't a Ford design, it was a development of a Lola racing design.

Well i drive a Ford Focus ST and it has never broken down nor has it had any problems.. people just believe any thing these days without testing them :pinch:

Ford was given a bad name in the past and have yet to live it down among people because they're too stupid to actually drive one. I don't drive but my parents had a Taurus for many years and it was a very reliable car. Anyways, this car does look pretty awesome

Beautiful car...all but the rear bumper, destroys the flow of it.

I had to do a u-turn the other day, our local Ford dealer has an 05 GT with the same color scheme as this one in their showroom. I almost went inside for a closer look until I noticed they had it roped off 4-feet all around the car. :(

Ford was given a bad name in the past and have yet to live it down among people because they're too stupid to actually drive one. I don't drive but my parents had a Taurus for many years and it was a very reliable car. Anyways, this car does look pretty awesome

586764481[/snapback]

To be fair that's kind of true, we rented a focus for a couple of days cos our now 15 year old Megane broke down yet again, and compared to that the ford was miraculous. Then again, anything would be in comparison :D