yum update is all screwed up

First off let me say I am a complete linux n00b. I have installed fedora core 4 (x86_64) on my box, dual booting with windows xp home. So, I come across the unofficial fedora faq and get to reading about how yum is a great rpm manager. So I give it a spin. I run yum update in the terminal as root, and everything is going along well. Then I am messing with my display settings and I go back to the terminal, which is updating and downloading and installing and all that jazz, and it has run into an error and I had to terminate the terminal. It was on file 140ish out of 420ish and now when I attempt to update using yum, or the official fedora up2date program it says that it needs snmr or something along those lines. Yum just completely quits, and up2date says that it has downloaded that rpm to resolve the dependency but it doesnt continue with the update. When I attempt to run it again it does the same thing. So my question is this, do I need to manually install that rpm whatever it is, and if so will all the other 200+ rpms be screwed up too and need reinstalling? or should I just scrap the whole thing and start over with a fresh instal. I wouldn't lose anything, I haven't been able to do much with it up until now. Is yum even worth using? or should I try some other rpm manager next time?

Thanks in advance.

Yum should work fine. I don't have problems with it. Not sure what is going in with your stuff, though...

Try doing a yum clean, and see if that helps.

I'd say screw yum and do yum install yumex. Yum EXtender is a great gui replacement of Yum and it also downloads the needed libraries and stuff.

And its also easy to choose which programs you want to install\remove

Do you have net-snmp installed?

DO a rpm -qa | grep net-snmp and it should tell you what version(s) you have installed.

Then we can try removing and re-installing (I am assuming you have something half-loaded here).

I am assuming you have something half-loaded here

Yeah, I did. I did a rpm -e on it and removed the stupid thing, then did yum clean all. Then I did yum update and everything is happy again. Thanks for the help!