Need help with new camera.

Ok just bought this Kodak easyshare 2700, how can i do time exposure pics? I have a bunch of options but i just not be doing it right...i have the exposure settings options, is that it? or what else am i to be setting?

man, are you sure about the model number 2700?

I can't find the model on kodak website

is it a P&S, Bridge or SLR?

586766989[/snapback]

oh sorry about that i didn't have it right, its a Kodak easyshare Z700

P&S Bridge or SLR? uhh what do you mean? for like i want to do? or what...sorry new to this stuff haha.

The Mode dial on top of the camera offers options of Movie, PAS, Scene, Auto, Sports, Landscape, and Close-up exposure modes. While Auto mode is best for general photography, leaving all of the exposure decisions up to the camera, the PAS option provides access to Program, Aperture Priority, and Shutter Priority exposure modes. Program mode lets you control options such as white balance and exposure compensation while the camera handles the basic aperture and shutter speed settings. Aperture and Shutter Priority modes let you control either aperture or shutter speed, while the camera selects the appropriate corresponding variable. Shutter speeds range from 1/1,000 to eight seconds. The Scene exposure mode offers no less than 13 preset shooting modes, including Children, Party, Portrait, Beach, Flower, Fireworks, Snow, Backlight, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Manner/Museum (for indoor settings without flash), Text, and Self-Portrait (for pointing the camera back at yourself). The more frequently used scene modes (Sports, Landscape, and Close-up) have their own designated places on the Mode dial.

Is this what you're looking for?

Is this what you're looking for?

586768317[/snapback]

Yeah kinda but what would the best shutter speed be for taking pics of like a highway? or such?

thanks for that info!

fastest as possible

your camera is a Bridge model

more infos: http://wwwca.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.j...pq-locale=en_CA

to shoota highway, it would depend on what you want for result. If you want to stop the movement of a fast car, you need to shoot at high speed. Your camera has 1/1600s shutter speed max.

In the other hand, if you want continuing movement, you need to slowdown the shutter. Your camera has 8s as slowest shutter speed.

So you will need to try for the result you want! Be aware that if you shoot with slow speed, you sometimes need a tripod. You will understand ;)

Also compensate your f-stop to your shutter speed. So if you're using the fastest shutter speed, use the lowest f-stop. Usually 2.8.

Also make sure the lighting conditions are good for shooting a racing car at a high shutter speed, because the shutter is open for like 1/1000th of a second and not a lot of light can come through at that speed.

• 2 weeks later...