an alternative email solution to .mac

What I don't understand is why doesn't someone buy the .Mac then purchase the additional email for $10 and sell them to mac users for $12.

Little profit, Mac users keep their @Mac.com email for $12 a year. Everyone's Happy.

Originally posted by Dazzla

What I don't understand is why doesn't someone buy the .Mac then purchase the additional email for $10 and sell them to mac users for $12.

Little profit, Mac users keep their @Mac.com email for $12 a year. Everyone's Happy.

I had actually thought about doing that. But Apple Legal would probably jump down my throat for something or another. Matter of fact, I'm sure of it.

Of course...I'd rather keep my mac.com email rather than get macosx.com email...but $100 vs $15. If someone doesnt want to pay the full price for .mac, they can still get a mac email for 15.

Originally posted by superfula

I had actually thought about doing that. But Apple Legal would probably jump down my throat for something or another. Matter of fact, I'm sure of it.

Of course...I'd rather keep my mac.com email rather than get macosx.com email...but $100 vs $15. If someone doesnt want to pay the full price for .mac, they can still get a mac email for 15.

I guess, but no-one is going to be paying $100 the first time are they really. Not the people who are complaining anyway. The price for them is $50.

That works out as me paying Apple thirty quid for 100mb space, @Mac.com email and all the other crap (Backup is pretty sweet).

That's not at all unreasonable if you ask me, I'll be signing up within the next few weeks, I'm just waiting to see if Apple backtracks and responds to any of the feedback in case I get my fingers burnt.

Oh I agree 100%. I think 50 bucks is a great price for .mac. I am hoping Apple will come out with some different pay levels of .mac though.

Like you said, I can't see many (some will pay) paying the full 100 for that.