Is centrino 64bit?

Centrino is not a processor, it is a platform.

But, to answer your question, there are no current 64-bit Centrino-platform Pentium M CPUs.

586770845[/snapback]

ahh thank you :)

AMD Turion IT is!

btw is AMD Athlon 64 2.2GHz a good processor to have in a laptop nowdays???

586770879[/snapback]

For battery life, I'd stick to a CPU more suited for laptops such as the Turion or Pentium M.

if your laptop is a desktop replacement, I'd go with a fast AMD64 but if it's something you're going to be carrying around I suggest getting a Turion 64 if needed, or a P-M for better battery life.

It also depends on the model and battery capacity. My friend's Dell 700m comes with a small battery that only offers around 90 minutes of life, but with a larger battery it can be increased upwards of four hours.

If you gonna buy a laptop, buy a centrino. 64bit and its extension memory capabilites won't help unless your purpose is to play game mobilely.

586772699[/snapback]

How about content creation? 64-bit processing isn't about games. In fact, games are probably the last application thought of.

The CPU is not going to make it much more Vista ready. They will release 32-bit versions so it doesn't matter. Just have a nice video card so you can run the effects and plenty of RAM, 1GB. To be truly "really good" Vista, you'd need things like PS 3.0, SATA 2.0 compatability, HDCP-compliant displays, all of these which are NOT available for laptops. So the CPU is not going to make any good difference in just running Vista.

The CPU is not going to make it much more Vista ready.  They will release 32-bit versions so it doesn't matter.  Just have a nice video card so you can run the effects and plenty of RAM, 1GB.  To be truly "really good" Vista, you'd need things like PS 3.0, SATA 2.0 compatability, HDCP-compliant displays, all of these which are NOT available for laptops.  So the CPU is not going to make any good difference in just running Vista.

586776492[/snapback]

oh, i didnt know that, the thing is that I seem to ger better deals on laptops with AMD in them and i do trust amd a lot ... so idk if an AMD 64 processor is ok for me to gret in a laptop

Get an AMD64 in a laptop if you love not having any kind of battery life in your laptop.

Get a centrino platform (with pentium-m) if you love having 8 hour batteries and such. As it was stated many times.

The CPU is not going to make it much more Vista ready.  They will release 32-bit versions so it doesn't matter.  Just have a nice video card so you can run the effects and plenty of RAM, 1GB.  To be truly "really good" Vista, you'd need things like PS 3.0, SATA 2.0 compatability, HDCP-compliant displays, all of these which are NOT available for laptops.  So the CPU is not going to make any good difference in just running Vista.

586776492[/snapback]

ps 3 is in a laptop fyi... anything with the gforce 6 or 7 series have it.

Get an AMD64 in a laptop if you love not having any kind of battery life in your laptop.

Get a centrino platform (with pentium-m) if you love having 8 hour batteries and such. As it was stated many times.

586776763[/snapback]

Go for Turion if you want 64Bit, go for Pentium M if you want battery life.

8 hours? :laugh: , still only like 4-5 hours average unless you want a huge 12 cell battery until more of those ultra low voltage Pentiums become available.. 8 hours is still a dream without additional batteries or just large ones that protrude out of the laptop..