someone must really hate me

i keep getting thease e-mails from my mail client that someone tryied to send me an e-mail that included "W32/Nimda.gen@MM"

good thing my e-mail client stops the e-mail and sends it back to the person that sends it to me, and it just sends me an e-mail telling about it :D

no one hates you!

this is normal as i get them sometimes but more with the Klez virus

sometimes virus affect address lists and if your address is on one of them than that's why you're receiving the mails

(don't know if my assumption is correct though)

tiger, I was getting hit left and right with that stupid virus!

It attaches itself to others on your address book. So if someone has opened that bloody virus, it has most likely caused a domino effect. ;) Don't take it personal. ;)

My server stops it too. But I was getting it through Incredimail. I quit using it because of that. After I stopped using Incredimail, I haven't had a problem since.:)

I don't hate ya. You have a kick-ass theme! :)

It's a worm, as others have said. It was not sent intentionally. It just attaches itself to an outgoing e-mail.

My suggestions for stopping this in the future:

I would suggest if a friend sent it to you, ask them to remove your e-mail address from their address book. If you have a common email address like joe@someisp.com, consider getting a more generic one. Spam bots pick up more general names and addresses quickly and then who knows who would have sent you an e-mail after.

Personally, I'd much rather use a text based e-mail program like Pine than Netscape or Outlook Expres, it gets rid of a lot of html, javascript and junk mail qucikly and painlessly. And it doesn't open attachments automatically.

Funny, I've never had a computer virus. And no, you're not getting my e-mail address to start ;) .