T. Owens in trouble again!

Team sources have told FOXSports.com that the Eagles have suspended the outspoken All-Pro receiver for Sunday night's game against the Redskins.

The decision was made after the Eagles spoke with the league office on Friday with regards to their options after Owens bashed the team again. Owens practiced on Friday and Thursday but the team decided not to play Owens anyway.

On Friday he was forced to publicly apologize for comments he made regarding the team's lack of publicly recognizing his 100th career TD catch a couple of weeks ago.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5056146

--------

Yeah, 100 TD catches is a great achievement. But does he play Pro Football for recognition and praise or does he do it to assist his team in winning and going to the SuperBowl. Actually the latest I heard was he was suspended indefinitely. He disaapoints me that it seems as though all that he does, he does just to be a Show Pony. Ooooh look at me I can catch a football.

Good for them, I've never liked T.O. at all, I've always found him to be too cocky and demanding. Sure he puts up great numbers, but he doesn't care about anyone but himself. Hopefully this suspension will knock some sense into him.

Owens is such an attention ######. He wanted out of San Fran, but DIDN'T want to go to Baltimore. So he went to Philly....a team that belongs to McNabb. Once he gets threre he starts attacking his own teammates (McNabb), then DEMANDS a new contract. When he doesn't get it he starts doing childish crap in front of the media for attention. Then pretends it's OK now, but he still acts like a child that didn't get a toy he wanted.

Once people stop talking about him, he immediatly attacks McNabb AGAIN and starts the childish acts over (Basically saying that since he didn't get a better contract after playing with a "broken leg", he won't play the upcoming 2 weeks with his sprained ankle). He also got ****y with the Eagles because they didn't "shoot off fireworks" when he hit the 100 TouchDown Reception Mark (The orginization NEVER recognizes personal achievements)

TO will never be a real champion, no matter how good he is. He has no sportsmanship at all, like alot of players in all sports these days that get so rich, so quick.

/\ I think your right...every achievement he has made is erased in my opinion. His antics and willingness to destroy a team spirit is terrible. He thinks he above every other player in the league and he has no respect for his teammates.

T.O. is a prime example of what a real edited is. Ignorant! He is the most self-centered players in the NFL. This is why I never got into pro-ball ... it's not about football anymore, it's about how much money they can make, and how fast. College Football is so much better, although they do have their share of T.O.'s :/

players need to start playing for the game, not for the bonus's, the money, or for the records. your living every little kids dream, playing a freakin sport and getting paid millions, enjoy it and stop crying jesus

no denying his talent but as a person he is everything thats is bad about professional athletes and then some. i wish there was a way to mute him permanantly, maybe the media should put him on media time out but they cant help themselves. can't spell idiot, trouble and big-mouth with t.o.

While I agree he has WAAAAAAY too big a mouth and needs to just keep it the hell shut, what the hell are the Eagles thinking? You have an offense that throws the ball 40-50 times a game, a QB who is banged up as hell, and you take away his prime target and your ONLY offensive weapon (with McNabb) the past few weeks? It's a no-win situation for them I think. Is it really going to solve their offensive woes ON the field? I mean no matter what the moron was saying he still showed up on Sundays and went to WORK on everyone. Whether or not they suspended him I don't think it will change his attitude. I still don't know what they expected when they traded for him. Did they honestly believe he'd suddenly turn into the model Eagle player? Anyway, all the better for me since it weakens the Eagles some more and opens up the NFC East even more for my Giants :yes: . BTW, anyone know if players go unpaid when suspended?

Man all the ESPN analysts (aside from Irvin I'm sure) seem to applaud the Eagles for what they did. Story

edit> Seems like the monetary stuff is being figured out. Checked out another article. Also, he can only be suspended for a max of four games for that particular offense (so I guess he doesn't get paid or else a limit seems silly). Wonder what will happen after that time is up. THe Eagles are becoming a soap opera. To be continued. . . . . .

The funny thing is that he thinks he's so good that he's untouchable. Well he's about to find out otherwise. If the Eagles let him go from his contract no other fracnhise will touch him because of all the problems and disruptions he casuses. If that happens then who's gonna given him all those praises for catches.

The funny thing is that he thinks he's so good that he's untouchable. Well he's about to find out otherwise. If the Eagles let him go from his contract no other fracnhise will touch him because of all the problems and disruptions he casuses. If that happens then who's gonna given him all those praises for catches.

586773028[/snapback]

Somebody will take the chance. Look at Moss and the Raiders. Bet Minny wishes they dealt with his crap now (granted he hasn't been putting up his usual numbers but it's probably still better than anything Minny has) ;) . I think it would be silly but someone WILL sign him.

BTW, watch Philly owns the Redskins (not too hard to imagine if they play like they did against my Giants) just to make my point about it not helping them absolutely moot lol.

Somebody will take the chance. Look at Moss and the Raiders. Bet Minny wishes they dealt with his crap now (granted he hasn't been putting up his usual numbers but it's probably still better than anything Minny has) ;) . I think it would be silly but someone WILL sign him.

BTW, watch Philly owns the Redskins (not too hard to imagine if they play like they did against my Giants) just to make my point about it not helping them absolutely moot lol.

586773056[/snapback]

Minnesota is having far more problems that Moss' abscence.

T.O. would be a great player to have on Sunday... the other 6 days, I wish he didn't exist.

Oh, I really should have listed that as one of the options. I seriously believe that on of T.O.'s issues is that he is in the closet, or denial, and has a major man crush on McNabb but has no idea on how to deal with it.

Consider:

-Loves Theatrics

-Major "projection" calling out Garcia

-Has there ever been a bigger drama queen?

-Very comfortable with pom poms

-Gets off when he "strikes a pose"

-Non military but loves wearing fatigues

-The dude is RIPPED, that bod is NOT about being a WR!

(edit, thanks):

-Favorite Movie is a Chick Flick (The Notebook)

-Drives a Red Beetle CONVERTIBLE

apparently there was more to the suspension...

It might not have been just Terrell Owens' fighting words that led to his suspension from the Eagles.

It seems a fistfight also contributed to his being banished indefinitely.

Owens got into a fight on Wednesday with former Eagles defensive end and current team ambassador Hugh Douglas, the Trenton Times reported and ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirmed Sunday.

A team source told Mortensen that Douglas, whose post with the Eagles he re-titled "bad-ass-ador," entered the team's training room Wednesday and announced "I know there are people in here faking injuries." The comment apparently led to the scrum between Owens and Douglas.

One source told the Times the fight "was like WWE Smackdown." Another source told the paper both Douglas and Owens threw at least two punches before Owens challenged quarterback Donovan McNabb and then everyone else in the room, saying "You want some? Anyone else want some?"

i just hope douglas managed to make those two shots count.

jmole just posted in the NFL thread that Reid announced T.O. is done for the season :rofl: . Man, I didn't think anyone could but T.O. has made Randy Moss look like a model citizen this year. :laugh:

jmole just posted in the NFL thread that Reid announced T.O. is done for the season :rofl: . Man, I didn't think anyone could but T.O. has made Randy Moss look like a model citizen this year. :laugh:

586780059[/snapback]

We want to trade T.O. for Randy Moss. It will be a fair trade.

no it won't

Edited by jmole

I would normally respond to T.O. criticism by saying, "I respect him on the field but nor respect or like him off the field." Unfortunately I can officially say that I don't respect him in any sense. He should pray each day to be able to be in such an organization and be playing with some of the best in the league.

Slightly off-topic I can't stop thinking about when Hines Ward mocked the dance T.O. does after a touchdown last year. :p

I cant belive I gotta release TO on my fantasy team. :angry: :angry: :angry:

PHILADELPHIA (Nov. 7, 2005) -- Terrell Owens  won't return to the Philadelphia Eagles this season, coach Andy Reid said.

The outspoken star receiver was suspended for the Nov. 6 game at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games. He won't be back after that.

"The league has been notified by the players' union that they will be grieving our right to take that action," Reid said, "therefore there is nothing more that I can say at this point."

Owens was suspended over the weekend following a tumultuous week in which he criticized the club, fought with a former teammate and took another verbal shot at quarterback Donovan McNabb.

"I do want it to be clear that this decision is a result of a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time," Reid said.

Owens "had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions," Reid said. "We gave Terrell every opportunity to avoid this outcome."

Owens was suspended Nov. 5, two days after he said the Eagles showed "a lack of class" for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch in a game Oct. 23. In the same interview with ESPN.com on Nov. 3, Owens said the Eagles would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback.

Owens was involved in a fight last week with former Eagles defensive end Hugh Douglas, who remains with the team as its "ambassador."

McNabb, who feuded with Owens throughout the summer and has been a constant target of his criticism, finally took a stand in the matter, saying the Eagles might be "better off" without Owens.

"Obviously it is tough losing a guy of his caliber, his ability, but I think we might be better off," McNabb said after an interception sealed the loss to Washington. "I think what we did tonight, we showed that we played well together. I think we also showed that when given the opportunity, guys can make plays for us. We're 4-4. We're not 1-7. I think that's the way to look at it. For the guys in the locker room, we win together and we lose together."

Asked to elaborate on how the team could be better off without its top receiver, McNabb emphasized the remaining players are united with the same goal of winning.

"Nothing against him and his attitude. It's just that when you get out there on the field, it's about playing together," McNabb said. "I think we all played with a lot of attitude and a lot of adrenaline. Guys played well together. It was unfortunate that we didn't win this game, but I think it may be a steppingstone for us to move forward."

Rookie Reggie Brown filled in for Owens against Washington and caught five passes for 94 yards, including a 56-yard TD reception. But the Eagles offense continued to struggle and couldn't score the tying touchdown with three shots from the Redskins 7 in the final minutes.

The Eagles are 17-5 with Owens, including a 24-21 loss to New England in the Super Bowl. In that game, Owens had nine catches for 122 yards after defying his doctor's advice and playing 6? weeks after ankle surgery.

They're 2-1 without him in games that matter, winning twice in the NFC playoffs.

Owens has been angry with the Eagles since management refused to redo his contract only one season into the seven-year million deal he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004.

This was the second time Owens has been suspended during his controversial 10-year career. In 2000, he was suspended one game by then-San Francisco coach Steve Mariucci following his infamous touchdown celebrations on the Dallas Cowboys' famed star logo at the center of Texas Stadium.

Owens clashed with management this summer and earned a one-week exile from training camp after a heated dispute with Reid that followed a shouting match with offensive coordinator Brad Childress.

Owens forced a trade to the Eagles last year after eight seasons with the 49ers and invigorated the offense with his superior skills. He had 77 catches for 1,200 yards and 14 TDs in 14 games, helping the Eagles to a 13-1 start and nine victories by double-digit margins.

The bad blood between Owens and McNabb began after Owens went down with a severely sprained ankle and broken leg in Week 15 against Dallas. Owens was upset that McNabb and other players said the Eagles could reach the Super Bowl without him, which they did.

Soon after Philadelphia lost to the Patriots, Owens took his first shot at McNabb, suggesting the five-time Pro Bowl quarterback was tired in the fourth quarter of the loss.

McNabb responded harshly and the two didn't speak for a prolonged period in training camp. They eventually reconciled their relationship and performed well together on the field -- Owens has 47 catches for 763 yards and six TDs this season.

However, Owens continued to throw verbal jabs at McNabb during his weekly radio show or whenever he granted interviews.