High school basketball team loses 112-2

EARLSBORO, Okla. - The Hanna High School basketball team can take some consolation: It didn't get shut out.

It did, however, lose 112-2 on Friday night to Earlsboro.

"It was embarrassing to watch," Earlsboro coach Jim Walling told The Oklahoman. "But you can't just tell your kids not to score. I've been coaching 27 years and have never been involved in something like this."

The Wildcats led 42-0 after one quarter and 73-2 at halftime. Walling pulled his starters in the second half, and game officials kept a running clock, stopping it only for free throws.

Each player on Earlsboro's 10-man boys' roster scored. Seven players finished in double figures.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051105/ap_on_...h_lopsided_game

Oh man I wouldn't want to be on that team... what was this, district champs versus the crappiest team?

If i'm not mistaken, in Scotland in some junior leagues if the score is bad at half time they reset it to 0-0.

Only 112? NBA teams score a good 112-106 in a very good game. Should have been alot bigger difference IMO.

How much shots did the "2" team shoot? (If its in the article, then dont answer. I just dont feel like linking on the link)

Is that even possible? At least it wasn't hockey...

586779943[/snapback]

a few years back there was a football game where the winning teams score was 100+. I think the losing teams score was somewhere around 20.

a few years back there was a football game where the winning teams score was 100+.  I think the losing teams score was somewhere around 20.

586779994[/snapback]

at least 2 or 3 touchdowns :ninja: :rofl:

Only 112? NBA teams score a good 112-106 in a very good game.  Should have been alot bigger difference IMO.

How much shots did the "2" team shoot? (If its in the article, then dont answer. I just dont feel like linking on the link)

586779971[/snapback]

Do you even know what you're talking about? It was a high school game. Teams rarely score 112 points in a high school game. Not to mention it doesn't happen all that often in the NBA, and less in college. Secondly, it probably would have been closer to 140 had the coach not taken his starting lineup out. Perhaps you SHOULD click on the link next time.

Do you even know what you're talking about?  It was a high school game.  Teams rarely score 112 points in a high school game.  Not to mention it doesn't happen all that often in the NBA, and less in college.  Secondly, it probably would have been closer to 140 had the coach not taken his starting lineup out.  Perhaps you SHOULD click on the link next time.

586780032[/snapback]

That and the fact that NBA quarters are what....12 minutes? High school is 20 minutes per half.

My team in High School was involved in a game like this when I was playing. We were up something like 60-4 at halftime and our coach told us to try our best not to score. We pulled the starters and ran the shot clock out every possession then when the shot clock was expiring we'd throw up a brick or "accidently" turn the ball over. We tried not to embarass the other team like that, but it was all we could do to not score.

That and the fact that NBA quarters are what....12 minutes?  High school is 20 minutes per half.

586780095[/snapback]

Agreed, but high school has 8 minute quarters. College has 20 minutes per half though. Perhaps that's what you meant?