Wrong post count?

Sorry to reply to your post without an answer, but I have noticed that if you reply to a post then your count goes up...but if you reply again to the same post it does not change.

eg. this is post 275

there are postcount locked threads. your post counts but does not add to the total post count.

and emile, i am not aware of something like that...wierd.

there are postcount locked threads. your post counts but does not add to the total post count.

and emile, i am not aware of something like that...wierd.

586775116[/snapback]

It used to happen to me all the time. I find it mildly humiliating that I made that statement only to prove myself a liar. I estimate that I lost around 100 posts in my post count because of that.

Not forums, threads in italics.

586779408[/snapback]

Although you don't see the italics in a search or during "New / Active posts".

You need to browse the forums to see which threads do not count towards your post count. Take a look in General Discussion, you should be able to find some threads whose titles are in italics.

:D

0wned!

60 posts by Slimy in a day?:oo

586775573[/snapback]

There was one person who had 1000 in a day.

And no...I'm not going to tell you who.....course, that person was punished severely by the mighty hand of Neowin.

Alright..I'll fill you in. It was not me.

But nonetheless....do not do that. There is absolutely nothing to gain but a nice restriction if that is attempted nowadays. 100+ a day is freakin nuts.

200+ would be nuts. it doesn't take long until you reach 100 per day, especially if you post in software or hardware. see bangbang023 or me. and not it's not spam if you check the posts.