Xbox360's Black Screen of Death!

the error code "E 74" stands for overheating problems or that the fans stooped working (which causes the overheating issues).

companies with 360 kiosks were asked to turn off the units from time to time but we'd been told by some of their employees that most of those companies leave them on 24/7 and that's what causes this kind of issues. so, no big deal here... :blush: :happy: ;) :whistle:

Every system has error codes. Depending on how you handle those error codes depends on how people react.

When neowin's too busy to handle your request, you get an error saying that the server is too busy. They handle this error well, and you are given the chance to reload the page.

If neowin didn't handle this error, you could just be looking at a 502 on the screen wondering what the hell to do.

... so the moral is.... eat some cheetos and don't worry about a frigging error screen.

consoles are supose to be in small cramped spaces. there shouldnt be any special handling instructions for this console compared to all the rest of them.

it sounds like microsoft once again fails to understand the concept of concoles.

586775951[/snapback]

What are you talking about? All modern consoles instruct users to put them in well-ventilated areas.

What are you talking about? All modern consoles instruct users to put them in well-ventilated areas.

586776608[/snapback]

He talk about the concept, not the fails..

consoles are supose to be in small cramped spaces. there shouldnt be any special handling instructions for this console compared to all the rest of them.

it sounds like microsoft once again fails to understand the concept of concoles.

you are a real clown.. the console is left on all day with virtually no ventilation at all with people playing it all day, i don't see how anything wouldn't be overheated in that situation.

586775951[/snapback]

consoles are supose to be in small cramped spaces.

yeah sure, like this one does... :devil:

post-56742-1135719976.jpg

I totaly agree with you, @ MS we don't get the console biz... we need something like this to keep the 360 cool... :rolleyes: :shifty: ;) :whistle:

post-41364-1135720004.png

NEXT? :devil: :happy: :laugh: :rofl: :p

I totaly agree with you, @ MS we don't get the console biz... we need something like this to keep the 360 cool...  :rolleyes:  :shifty:  ;)  :whistle:

post-41364-1135720004.png

NEXT?  :devil:  :happy:  :laugh:  :rofl:  :p

586779360[/snapback]

Damn the Ps3 looks sexy! :laugh:

It was only a matter of time before this thread would get turned around to find a way to insult the PS3. Geez people. Just because the X360 can report errors doesn't make it an inferior system. I think some people need to take a chill pill. I imagine the PS3 will report errors too. Can?t all you fanboys get along? lol

I believe the author of this thread wanted to point out what the error looked like, not imply that it was a crappy system. :yes:s:

Edited by ozzy76

I'd much rather have well handled errors with reference codes than machine that was undiagnosable.

As with ALL home hardware, errors occur from time to time. Who is to say E74 doesn't mean that the disk is scratched, controller is faulty, whatever?

Let's just have a stab as Microsoft shall we? No thanks, I'm a grown-up!

There were pretty much no stability/crashing problems with the first Xbox at all but they *still* get the bad name because of Windows 98 :(

586775769[/snapback]

its windows 2000. but yeah i agree.

I'd much rather have well handled errors with reference codes than machine that was undiagnosable.

As with ALL home hardware, errors occur from time to time.  Who is to say E74 doesn't mean that the disk is scratched, controller is faulty, whatever?

Let's just have a stab as Microsoft shall we?  No thanks, I'm a grown-up!

586779487[/snapback]

right on bruddah :yes:

has everyone forgotten how many duff ps2s were out in the initial release....and after the 1 year warranty ran out?

In all my days i got 1 error code on my xbox1 and thats cos the disk was dirty not even 1 single lockup (was bought on release day on UK)

the 360 will be the same.

and no im not a xbox fanboy i have both consoles in the house and my ps2s are on replacement number 3...nuff said

Edited by Mando

haha, not even out, and already it's giving off errors :p

Rockman, please change your signature.. it is too large. please read the signature rules and guidelines.

Rockman, please change your signature.. it is too large.  please read the signature rules and guidelines.

586781279[/snapback]

"The maximum allowed length is 1000 characters. You have used 75 characters."

:sleep:

Ok - next time you go up to *any* game display case at Wal-Mart, put your hand on the case near the top...now, go put your hand in a bucket of water quickly!

It has nothing to do with the quality of the ventilation & cooling of the XBox 360, but more to do with something called Thermal Dynamics, Loading and Thermal Overload.

Let me make it more plain to you:

(Hot air in BRIGHTLY LIT display case with no ventilation fans)

|

|

V

(Hot Air enters XBox 360)

|

|

V

(No chance to cool XBox 360 Components)

|

|

V

(Hotter Air exhausted through ventilation fans into case)

|

|

V

(Go back to top)

I've seen how they have the XBox 360 secured in that display case - and it's at the very top, right below the display lights in a securing cradle with only 1 foot of clearance from the top of the display case and the XBox 360.

The fact that they're experiencing Thermal Overload isn't suprising - try playing ANY console under a heat lamp and you'll see how long it keeps running.

--ScottKin

"The maximum allowed length is 1000 characters. You have used 75 characters."

:sleep:

586781295[/snapback]

The maximum overall size for signatures is 170 pixels high by 550 pixels wide - this also includes text as well.

your sig is width: 760, height: 140.

:shifty:

The maximum overall size for signatures is 170 pixels high by 550 pixels wide - this also includes text as well.

your sig is width: 760, height: 140.

:shifty:

586781415[/snapback]

doh.gif