• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Xbox360 similar to Dreamcast?

spiegel    0

saw this on another site, it has some good points

what do you think?

image.gif

thagame    0

ok so wheres the good points?

Sethos    271

586783730[/snapback]

I thought they were good

Edited by MichaelBL

dan    0

I liked the Dreamcast (still do... still got one). I never did quite get why it failed

MR_Candyman    114

586783730[/snapback]

gotta agree, those consoles look nothing alike, and that's the only point being raised in the pic.

KXH    0

Thats got to be something made up by a sony fanboy as the PS3 has not been finalized yet. Touting it as facing a superior upcoming playstation is obsurd. Most people who remember teh dreamcast will remember it was teh best system of its time and had better graphics and gameplay and controllers than a PS2. For some reason they launched it early with hardly any games or support at a high price which more coincides with what is going on with the 360 now, over any of that other stuff the ad is displaying. Also if you've ever played on 'live' you realize how great it is compared to the Sony hands off approach. Especially when taking into account the single yearly fee to play any game. The PS3 can't even compare until its finalized specifications are readied and production begins. The PS2/3 fanboys are as bad as the apple cult.

protoss_chaos    0

well, The dreamcast ran a version of windows CE, and I am still convinvced that if Sega wouldn't have had MS do that for them the X-Box would not exist...

That being said, the Dreamcast is an amazing system, and I still play mine!

PowerStone II is the best (multiplayer) game ever!

finality    0

The Dreamcast is probably the greatest system ever made - no need for modding, it had internet capabilities at the time, and the graphics still, to this day, stack up and often defeat PS2/Xbox/GC graphics.

etempest    20

Dreamcast was way ahead of it's time. It did well in the US but failed in the Japanese market. If found the comparsions amusing.

They also have a link on that same site as to reasons why the Xbox360 will succeed compared to the Dreamcast from the same site.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3145154

Napalm Frog    13
saw this on another site, it has some good points

what do you think?

This article was on 1UP (I'm too lazy to get the link). There was a second page to the article pointing out 10 things where the 360 differs from the Dreamcast, so, even though the 360 may be a bomb, there are nearly enough reasons poiting it the opposite way.

EDIT: I read every post but the one before mine. Go me...

Brandon Live    232

Yeah but the original article also included a list of 10 reasons the X360 will succeed where the Dreamcast failed.

Gfunk4life    0
I liked the Dreamcast (still do... still got one). I never did quite get why it failed

586783747[/snapback]

sony lied about the PS2 power, i loved my Dreamcast too.

.:YodaGP:.    0

Well, Dreamcast came before its time..that was the problem. The ideal time is about now for this type of console, and shabam..it's an Xbox 360 :o

CitizenSmif    0

Lmao, Crazy Rich Bald guy =D

Some of the points are very good though

eilegz    122

i really hope that xbox get pirated that easily like dreamcast then i would have a excuse to get one :D

elstatec    0

was very interesting nice thing to read as i love dreamcast and to see it featured on a front page was cool.

But xbox 360 isnt going to flop, far too much money behind it, not a tight budget like dreamcast had to market and its building on xbox which is a very good first effort in the console market, if not the best out of the bunch.

dreamcast should of waited until now then released dreamcast(but todays technology) so the main attributes of online gaming and net surfing would own all other competition.

Oh how many fun nights i had online on me dreamcast playing Phantasy star online.

Post-It Note    0

A lot of people think that just because it says Windows CE on the front of the dreamcast that games on the DC runs on Windows CE. That is false for many many many games. Games that actually want performance runs on Sega's own software. A little research shows that 15 launch games for the Dreamcast did not use WinCE, and Sega Rally 2 did run on WinCE, but it lagged on framerates etc.

(Oh btw the info from OP was from here: http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3145154)

Joel    27

Moved here

sundayx    127

i hope the ps3 deessstroyys the 360. then microsoft will push out an even better console. then sony will push out an even better console, and it goes on and on my friend. some people, started singing it not knowing what it was, and theyll continue singing it forever jsut because this is the song that never ends, and it goes on and on my friend, some people..

aishiteru    0
gotta agree, those consoles look nothing alike, and that's the only point being raised in the pic.

586783753[/snapback]

did you read the caps? The points were very valid I found.

Very interesting

Edited by aishiteru

Alter_Ego    0

lmao... they r quite similar... but 360 def is better for its time compared to dreamcast... but personally i think ps3 will own 360... still im gettin both...

nomis_nehc    0

nah. microsoft have so much money to toss in for xbox360, wheras sega was down the drain already. simply put, microsoft can tear up ps3 just by throwing money at it. oh, on top of that, microsoft has already decided that if xbox360 still can't take over the market, they are gonna go another round of next gen console war with sony.

Hipster    0

Sega was broke. MS isn't. And two words: Xbox Live.

In fact MS could buy Sony but the lack of market interdependency would hurt them in the long run.