New Digital Camera!

I need to buy a new digital camera for under 300$, i really dont know too much about digital cameras, so i need recommendations...

So, which is the best camera for 300 bucks? GOOD pictures quality, easy to use, settings, optical zoom, shutter speed, media, LCD, battery, etc...

Please help me to do this purchase :blush:

The SD400

I have the original S400, which is pretty much the same camera except the SD uses SD instead of CF and the LCD is bigger. Definitely recommend any Canon within your price range.

Well.... i think ill go for the SD400

586785334[/snapback]

:pint: (Y)

Very similar cam to my Canon S400, great cameras just be aware they do have limitations such as night time or low light photos you will need to find stable surface to put the camera on or use a tripod, you can just crank up the ISO but it will make your shots look noisy.

Nothing is perfect tho, I?m sure you will love it,

Good choice

What about the Panasonic Lumix ones?

586785494[/snapback]

Yeah I think some of them do have anti shake, to help with night time shots I forget what models. From memory tho those cams did not have as good image quality as the canon.

I'm a sucker for Sony, regardless of what people and reviews say, i've always felt Carl Zeiss lens are superior to all in it's class. I just recently -- about a month ago -- bought the Sony DSC-P200 for my venture into photography, $320 after shipping online...it's a great point and shoot camera and great for those 'serious' moments. Huge LCD screen, battery lasts forever, all around just a great cam. check it out on dpreview

do not forget cash for batteries, bag (maybe included) and memory card (often a small one is included, but not enough)

Nikon has their own batterie set with own charger. That's a plus when you have many cameras that you like and dont know what to pick.