Nope, it's the actual program. Make a folder in your Program Files directory and call it uTorrent put teh exe in there and double click on it. It should say "do you want to put shorcuts on your start menu and desktop?" click yes and it's done.

586790257[/snapback]

Thanks a lot! :)

what's the difference between dht and peer exchange?

586790470[/snapback]

Well Peer Exchange makes it posible for a user to get peers from another user who might know about peers from a tracker that you don't know about, thus getting more seeders and peers. The other people don't need to be on a tracker you have or DHT.

cool, updated already.

if only the tracker for a torrent i'm getting was up, see what speeds i could get.

And by the way guys, what does it mean when it says DHT has got 6 peers, but i'm only connected to 1.

cool, updated already.

if only the tracker for a torrent i'm getting was up, see what speeds i could get.

And by the way guys, what does it mean when it says DHT has got 6 peers, but i'm only connected to 1.

586790772[/snapback]

I think it means nodes, mine started up with ~5 now it says "264 peers" for me

This program is by far the best and smallest bitorrent program out there. Goodbye BitSpirit. Hello and Welcome UTORRENT! Thanks for the info.

I'd been waiting for DHT support, hooray! Too bad it's Mainline and not the Kademlia implementation that Azureus uses. I'm trying it out to see if I want to switch from Azureus. PEX and UDP support would be nice, but hey. Maybe someday. Can't beat 5 - 10 MB RAM allocation and low CPU usage. :D

These may have already been posted in a previous thread, but for those who don't know about 'em:

uTorrent dock icon: http://www.deviantart.com/view/24108738/

uTorrent icons, file type icons & toolbar themes: http://www.foood.net/utorrent.htm

Why do people assume new versions = faster speeds? The only thing that will tweak your download speeds is if you change something in the settings. Even then, speed differences are minimal.

I guess the same can be said for Firefox updates when half the posts in a new Firefox release thread is, "kickass! It's faster!"

:rolleyes:

Why do people assume new versions = faster speeds? The only thing that will tweak your download speeds is if you change something in the settings. Even then, speed differences are minimal.

I guess the same can be said for Firefox updates when half the posts in a new Firefox release thread is, "kickass! It's faster!"

:rolleyes:

586790896[/snapback]

actually, DHT with trackerless suport DOES imply slightly faster speds cuz lower overhead and more sourcesa

actually, DHT with trackerless suport DOES imply slightly faster speds cuz lower overhead and more sourcesa

586790915[/snapback]

Keyword being slightly. Unless it boosts my speeds 300% or something, I can really care less.

Besides, even before 1.2 people would comment on speed increases.

Would you get faster speeds as DHT allows you to connect to more seeders and more peers even if they are not on the tracker? Therefore you WILL get a speed increase?

586790915[/snapback]

Not sure about less resources, but the huge thing is that you'll likely find more peers in case of overloaded trackers that's bad on replying, or where users are split on trackers.

I know that when I'm sometimes downloading from one fixed tracker + DHT network, I may get 30 peers from the tracker and 40 from DHT. That's at least why I've liked to see this feature. This can increase speeds much more than slightly, too. :) Depending on the connectivity you have to the DHT peers vs the tracker peers.