ATI Officially releases Catalyst 5.11!

i try two time right now....but the bug keep coming...

i unistall ati drivers...with ati unistall utility then reboot

then delete all ati*.* files in system32 and delete ATI Technologies folder in program files...

then reboot again....then i install the drivers....reboot again and bug again desktop perfomance too slow

catalyst 5.11 bugged

i try two time right now....but the bug keep coming...

i unistall ati drivers...with ati unistall utility then reboot

then delete all ati*.* files in system32 and delete ATI Technologies folder in program files...

then reboot again....then i install the drivers....reboot again and bug again desktop perfomance too slow

catalyst 5.11 bugged

586805067[/snapback]

Really? It worked for me when I did that. Maybe you should try some other basic troubleshooting methods, like updating your chipset drivers, motherboard BIOS, stuff like that. Also, go and download the latest DirectX 9.0c package, since they have updated a lot of stuff this year (F.E.A.R. in fact requires the August 2005 version of it to run).

Would I get a boost from going from the 5.8 to these 5.11's? I got a Radeon 9800 Pro.

586811838[/snapback]

You're still using Catalyst 5.8? Dude, it's time to upgrade. Performance enhancements yes, but not from Catalyst 5.11 (I seem to remember Catalyst 5.9 giving extra performance to my Radeon X800 XT, which is still essentially the architecture as your Radeon 9800 Pro). However, the biggest reason to upgrade each month is for bug fixes. Every new Catalyst driver fixes dozens and dozens of game, Windows, and other graphic-related glitches, and those fixes apply to the entire Radeon family. That's why I commend ATI for sticking to their monthly schedule, and I still hope NVIDIA will one day do the same.

nobody knows?

586813129[/snapback]

Read the Release Notes; if it is not mentioned in the fixed section, then I would have to assume no. If it's not in the fixed section, then look at the known issues section (a list of every bug in Catalyst 5.11 that ATI is aware of). If it is not in that section either, then you should report the issue to ATI so they can fix it.

You're still using Catalyst 5.8? Dude, it's time to upgrade. Performance enhancements yes, but not from Catalyst 5.11 (I seem to remember Catalyst 5.9 giving extra performance to my Radeon X800 XT, which is still essentially the architecture as your Radeon 9800 Pro). However, the biggest reason to upgrade each month is for bug fixes. Every new Catalyst driver fixes dozens and dozens of game, Windows, and other graphic-related glitches, and those fixes apply to the entire Radeon family. That's why I commend ATI for sticking to their monthly schedule, and I still hope NVIDIA will one day do the same.

586812258[/snapback]

Thanks, will update hopefully later today if some downloads finish :).

have they fixed the issue with all in wodners and hyperthreading?

586800543[/snapback]

It does not look like it from what ATI told me. I had an AIW 9800 Pro and MMC TV worked fine as long as I wanted it to play with hyperthreading ON. I upgraded to an AIW X800 XT and the TV would work for a while and then stop responding. Same system, just different vid card. ATI told me I had to turn off hyperthreading to fix it. I returned the card and got a X850 XT instead.

It does not look like it from what ATI told me. I had an AIW 9800 Pro and MMC TV worked fine as long as I wanted it to play with hyperthreading ON. I upgraded to an AIW X800 XT and the TV would work for a while and then stop responding. Same system, just different vid card. ATI told me I had to turn off hyperthreading to fix it. I returned the card and got a X850 XT instead.

586822116[/snapback]

you did not have to diasble hyperthreading. all you had to do was change the affinity (use 1 processor, enable in task manager) on mmc when running or get a program which does it everytime it loads (got all that info from some forum after i asked the question)

you did not have to diasble hyperthreading. all you had to do was change the affinity (use 1 processor, enable in task manager) on mmc when running or get a program which does it everytime it loads (got all that info from some forum after i asked the question)

586822389[/snapback]

I wish I was told this. I searched the forums too, but never saw that option. Everyone talked about having to turn of HT to get it to work. Even ATI never mentioned that. Oh, well...got a great deal on the x850. I can get any kind of TV card now.

Thanks...

it's for notebooks with ATI Graphics

586825293[/snapback]

When it said "mobility" I figured it was for a notebook, but have been talking about Hyperthreading and MMC (Multimedia Center), not notebooks.

Thanks for the info though.... :)