[review] Samsung YP-T8

S1RHC

Some two weeks ago, I went to Holland for a trip and I had decided from before that I would buy a mp3 player from there (way cheaper than here, ZEN vision here is about 700€ and there it was 300€). Anyway, I had in mind an iPod nano 2gigs. But there wasn't available in the airport's shop so I had to buy something else. I looked at many mp3 players but I was mainly attracted by the YP-T8 of samsung (although it was the most expensive 240€ without VAT :cry: ). Anyway I opted for the one gig version (the biggest available, the 2gigs weren't available at the time).

I bought it and I must admit that I am really happy with what I chose. It supports: text, music, photo, video, radio, games and has a USB host that works with most mp3 players/digital cameras and flash discs :). The battery life is the longest of all mp3 players I have had (Sony MD, Creative Rhomba, Creative ZEN xtra) and is enough to use about 3-4 hours per day and charge twice a week.

It has some cool features that I haven't seen in any other mp3 player like motion-detecting games...It supports ID3 tagging (artist, album, track). the package was quite full containing the device, an AC charger, a USB cable, a USB-host cable, some really good head-phones a cable for the line in (the slot isn't 3.5mm) and a nice case.

pb0703692rp.jpgpb0703701ev.jpgpb0703918xv.jpgpb0703931cb.jpg

pb0704006ap.jpgpb0704018jw.jpgpb0704062sd.jpgpb0704088hg.jpg

pb0703766qr.jpgpb0703804xy.jpgpb0704041pa.jpg

that's all folks, tell me if you want any more info or pics :)

insanekiwi

1gb for mp3s...i am about to get a w800i. i don't know if this phone is availabe in germany yet. but you could add some more info to your review: does it have bluetooth, infrared, which type of ringtones does it support etc.

S1RHC

it isn't a mobile phone... Just a mp3 player with video capabilities :blush:

Why everyone thinks it's a mobile phone??? :p

vip

it looks like a mobile phone, i thought it was also till i read your review :p

insanekiwi

yea it reminds me alot of a cellphone. and 240euros for a 1gb mp3 player is just plain ripoff. there's way better deal for it.

NienorGT
yea it reminds me alot of a cellphone. and 240euros for a 1gb mp3 player is just plain ripoff. there's way better deal for it.

586804535[/snapback]

It can read Videos...

But still costly I think too

insanekiwi

well you can also get a creative zen video for 240euros. 4gb or 6gb...at least here.

S1RHC

I was going to spend that money anyway... And the 1Gig seemed just fine. I don't like the Zen mini Photo (screen sucks) and the Zen Vision is way to big for me. I want it all the time in my pocket. Also the usb host is really important as my Digicam is only 128megz... Anyway, I used the iPod nano of a friend of mine and OK it's sleek but I prefer the extra features of the YP-T8... :)

Wannes

586804535[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. Did you pay for the name or something? :p

Ianmac45

i have the yp-t7z and i love it. it's ui is practically the same,

i think i'll have to get this if i ever need a replacement

• 4 months later...
chitchatchut

Yepp, YP-T8 is really cool and worhty! :D

I spent and checked some obvious mp3 players, but there's no one can make me pleasure and happy like samsung YP-T8: music, movie, photo, text, radio, recorder, host, game.... :laugh: (oh my god) and all accessories u need instead u have to buy for other mp3 players. Iriver U10, Ipod nano, Creative zen photo.... they're all sucker :angry: .

But it's pity, once in US version the yp-t8 don't show up the lyric. In Korean version, people can listen music and look into the screen to sing along the music fit neatly with the words, that's really make me wanna jumping and dancing. Is there anyone here know how to change the US version --> Korean version in the yp-t8? waoo... it will be so incredible, but YP-T8 is still the best.