.pk2 file ( how to open it? )

i have been playing an online game but its mostly in chinese and hard to understand.i want to open map.pk2 file and edit the image of the mapp

so i can fill in the locations to help other people play this game =/

all the files are packed in .pk2 files.. how do i extract whats in them? any help would be greatly appreciated.Google has lead me to 1000 dead ends -.-

thanks guys

Im pretty sure pk files are just zip files renamed.  Try opening them with a Zip program, or just change the .pk2 to a .zip.  Should work.  Works with .pk3's atleast.

-Bolero

586805832[/snapback]

yeh i tried to use winzip, didnt work

renamed to a zip and then tried, no luck

used 2 programs for opening pak files.. didnt work.. rawr wtf lol

even tried resedit as a last resource :no:

is there something they could have done to lock the file or sumn? winzip says its an invalid format and download the files again and then try o_O?

any other ideas/info would be greatly appreciated :p

Not sure if it works but try it -

Download Pakscape

586806417[/snapback]

yep i tried pakexplorer and pakscape all say its unrecognized file type -.- thats why im baffled.. i tried everything

any more ideas please post them.. there HAS to be a way lol

i will keep trying..should i upload the map.pk2 file so you guys can have a crack at it?

• 7 months later...

i am also looking for a way to open these files just asking around.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

anyone? *cries in corner :cry:

Hi!

Well.. i had the same problem (I wanted to change the intro music because its horrible). I tried everything.. but when i've opened it with notebook it wrote: JoyMax File Manager! and btw a billion of unrecognisable letters.. So i think if anyone could get that file manager than he/she could change sg.