WMP54G setup won't run

So I just formatted, and I go to install my wireless network card. I popped the CD for my WMP54G in, no autoplay. I went to the CD-ROM drive and selected autoplay...nothing. I then explored the CD and tried to run setup.exe, still nothing. I copied the files to my harddrive and tried to run setup.exe...nothing. I eventually got it to install by setting compatability to Windows 95 mode(I'm not sure if it works with other Windows version compatability modes, Win95 is just the first one I tried.) Now that the program is installed, it won't run the actual program. Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks.

i assume you use windows xp.

installing the linksys software is not required.

only install the drivers that come with the cd and use winxp wlan config tool.

this works much better than the linksys utility.

I'm new to wireless networks, but how can I switch what "channel" I'm on? The access point I'm connecting to has several, and the one always works about 10-25% better than all the others

Okay, did you ignore my last post or what? There are multiple channels available, I could choose which one to use with the LinkSys software. I don't know much about wireless networking, but in the LinkSys program, there was a tab to select which channel to connect to, there was 1, 4, and 11. Windows would pick 11 by default, but when I turned off Zero Wireless Config service and used the LinkSys program to connect to channel 1, my connection speed was dramatically increased.