Xbox 360 reviews: Got standard tv? ur screwed

You wont need to. IT WONT BE THAT BAD!!! Ok so everyones not rich, and neither am I. Im awaiting a price drop in lcd tv's. So that the samsung 23" lcd tv at least gets to 700 before I get mine hopefully 600.

Is there a way i can hook up the xbox360 , and my ps2 to a crt monitor? and will it look better?

586815670[/snapback]

Your Xbox 360? Yes, get the VGA HD cable for US$40. It will look much better than a standard TV set.

Your PS2? Yes, but it's not as simple and will probably end up looking worse than it does on your TV. You would need a capture card/TV Tuner or a device that converts composite/component to D-SUB.

What are you gonna do?! It's not like you can upconvert 480 to 1080...

There are just somethings that must be done to achieve such a quality wow; this is also a good way to move the dinosaurs to hdtv since 2006 is suppose to be THE YEAR OF CHANGE...

I can understand people who don't have a bundle of money but seriously, Microsoft isn't apple here... They can't re-invent the world...

Also, this is why ps3 isn't being released right now... people would be furious how 'bad' it would look on their 'normal' tv's... They are waiting until majority have access to hdtv displays

Xbox 360 sounds good and all but in the long run PS3 and its 2 processors and 2 graphics cards will outwit Xbox, I feel.

Nonetheless, Xbox 360 has a smooth look, and its stats are going to keep it in the competition for the best console.

Yup, no reason to buy a 360 for me anymore. I dang sure am not spending an extra 1,000$ right now on an HDTV just to see the games as they were meant to be seen. I find it pretty pathetic that you only can experience true next-gen quality graphics only if you own an HDTV.

May as well upgrade my PC for the amount of money it'll take to get " next - gen " with the 360. 1,000$+ for the TV, 400$ for the console, 50-60$ per game, 40$+ for Live. I mean come on, thats just pathetic.

And after all the dissapointing reviews so far, Ill wait for the PS3 and enjoy Guitar Hero, FFXII, Dragon Quest VIII, Soul Calibur III, God of War, Rogue Galaxy, Black and all the other titles coming out and already out for the PS2. Bleh, what a ripoff the 360 will be.

And alienating 25% of their userbase? Hell only 10% of the entire world right now owns an HDTV of some kind.

I find it pretty pathetic that you only can experience true next-gen quality graphics only if you own an HDTV.

586815705[/snapback]

Aside from the fact that you're too poor to get an HDTV, how is it pathetic at all? HDTV offers much higher resolution, and SDTVs simply can't display it. There's no way to make something awesome on an HDTV, and just as awesome on an SDTV.

Did you just find out now that the 360 was designed to be used with an HDTV? You should have done your homework, this has been known since the beginning. You sound like a Sony fanboy who was never going to get the 360, just taking this opportunity to bash it for having the exact same "problem" that the PS3 will have.

Yup, no reason to buy a 360 for me anymore. I dang sure am not spending an extra 1,000$ right now on an HDTV just to see the games as they were meant to be seen.  I find it pretty pathetic that you only can experience true next-gen quality graphics only if you own an HDTV.

May as well upgrade my PC for the amount of money it'll take to get " next - gen " with the 360.  1,000$+ for the TV, 400$ for the console, 50-60$ per game, 40$+ for Live. I mean come on, thats just pathetic.

And after all the dissapointing reviews so far, Ill wait for the PS3 and enjoy Guitar Hero, FFXII, Dragon Quest VIII, Soul Calibur III, God of War, Rogue Galaxy, Black and all the other titles coming out and already out for the PS2.  Bleh, what a ripoff the 360 will be.

And alienating 25% of their userbase?  Hell only 10% of the entire world right now owns an HDTV of some kind.

586815705[/snapback]

Think about what you are saying...640x480 is just the same as 1920x1080...

What really bugs me is that people only care about good graphics anymore and not the most important thing about a game....THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY

586815717[/snapback]

Solitaire still rocks :happy:

Aside from the fact that you're too poor to get an HDTV, how is it pathetic at all?  HDTV offers much higher resolution, and SDTVs simply can't display it.  There's no way to make something awesome on an HDTV, and just as awesome on an SDTV.

Did you just find out now that the 360 was designed to be used with an HDTV?  You should have done your homework, this has been known since the beginning.

586815719[/snapback]

People simply like to dream hahaha

Yup, no reason to buy a 360 for me anymore. I dang sure am not spending an extra 1,000$ right now on an HDTV just to see the games as they were meant to be seen.  I find it pretty pathetic that you only can experience true next-gen quality graphics only if you own an HDTV.

Read the replies, like it's been stated, the whole HDTV thing is blown out of proportion. Of course the games are still going to look better, but the resolution's obviously going to be a lot lower. This isn't MS's fault, there's no way around it...which is why we're moving over to HDTVs.

Xbox 360 sounds good and all but in the long run PS3 and its 2 processors and 2 graphics cards will outwit Xbox, I feel.

The PS3 doesn't have 2 processors or 2 graphics cards...

How about staying on topic?

Looks like it's starting to turn into Microsoft fanboy Vs. Sony Fanboy thread. Don't start talking about cell processors and how many video cards each system has. It has nothing to do with the topic.

I'm not a racist...I hate all fanboys equally

Nonetheless, Xbox 360 has a smooth look, and its stats are going to keep it in the  competition for the best console.

586815714[/snapback]

Um...did you just try and say PS3 will be better merely because of the amt of processors?

Did you forget the Xbox 360 is 3 processor cores on one die...

I mean since your just baselessly comparing numbers and all that means the Xbox 360 wins correct?

How about staying on topic?

Looks like it's starting to turn into Microsoft fanboy Vs. Sony Fanboy thread. Don't start talking about cell processors and how many video cards each system has. It has nothing to do with the topic.

I'm not a racist...I hate all fanboys equally

586815772[/snapback]

You coulda answered my question :p

id you just find out now that the 360 was designed to be used with an HDTV? You should have done your homework, this has been known since the beginning. You sound like a Sony fanboy who was never going to get the 360, just taking this opportunity to bash it for having the exact same "problem" that the PS3 will have.

Designed to work with an HDTV?? LMAO. Ok dude, keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep better at night. You don't design your system around something only about 2% of your total audience is going to have equipped in their home. Games should be built with standard televisions in mind and then upgraded visually in the higher resolutions, but nah Microsoft has to be complete morons and build all games natively for 720p and then scaled downward from there on.

Thats just stupid. I WAS actually going to get a 360, but not anymore. I'll just go to my cousins and play the only game that looks like it'll be worth the 60$ pricetag at launch so far, being CoD2.

Some of us in this world don't have a rich mommy and daddy with their own HDTV that I can play the 360 off of just to get the games to look like what they should anyway. Have you seen any 360 games running on a pretty standard TV? The aliasing is worse then most PS2 launch games.