[Router] Orange Logo Light

OK, I was just downloading between 200-300k per sec and now my Linksys router's Cisco Systems logo is glowing orange... I'm pretty sure it's never done that before... any ideas? Maybe it's overheated lol

My wrt54g started doing that when i upgraded the firmware to 4.20.7.

I think it is the(ses) simple easy setup. The logo is a button that enables this.

pressed and held it, started flashing white, went blank and now it's orange again... O_o maybe i should shut everything down and try it out... anywhere i can get info on this?

So then when I pressed and held it for more than 5 secs. what happened? And what's the SES do? It just sets up the network for you? How does it detect the local computers?

It is due to the latest firmware release. When the button/logo is orange it means SES capable but hasn't been activated, when it is white that means SES is active, when flashing white it means the router is configuring itself and any Pc cards attached to it. In other words, the router and the Pc card are capable of using SES, but aren't. SES basically enables WPA without the user having to enter a pass phrase, the router assigns one to itself and all Pc cards attached to it. The process involves pressing the SES button on the router and then the one on each Pc card and finally the one on the router again. It should take about 15-45 seconds and poof... you are using WPA-PSK.

laugh Actually this is part of a new hardware capabilities of routers and wireless devices equipped with wireless technologies. It is kind of like the idiots guide to wireless networking and it makes it really easy. The cisco logo is a button that when you press it and another peice of hardware that also has this button they will "find" eachother and you will not have to setup the connection between the two, in a perfect world. I guess you didn't read the manual or the pamphlet but yeah it can be confusing to see an orange light like that, point being i've had a mp3 player and a access point catch on fire from the inside, same orange light :omg:

point being i've had a mp3 player and a access point catch on fire from the inside, same orange light  :omg:

586824809[/snapback]

OMG WTF :laugh: sorry shouldnt laugh but suddenly the RIAA logo appeared in my mind along with sony LOL !!!!