Buying a PROJECTOR

Capt.Curran

I'm considering buying a PROJECTOR :cool: , mainly for watching movie and gaming.

Here's the EPSON EMP S3L PROJECTOR 3LCD PROJECTOR im mite be getting.

But the thing is i don't know anything about them :blink: , so could you help me please.

Thank You

soypowered

800x600 pixels Resolution of Projector - That's nothin - you should get one that supports 1024x768

16.77 Max number of colours - that has to be a typo.

ThatOne6uy
I'm considering buying a PROJECTOR?:cool:: , mainly for watching movie and gaming.

Here's the EPSON EMP S3L PROJECTOR 3LCD PROJECTOR im mite be getting.

But the thing is i don't know anything about them:blink:: , so could you help me please.

Thank You

586825349[/snapback]

What do you want to know?

In general you need to make sure it will accept the kinds of input that you want to send to it (Component, S-video, composite, vga, dvi, etc.)

I didn't see any specifications listing what kind of inputs it has, or what kind of singals it will accept.

Epson does make good projectors, but I'm not familiar twith this model.

Hope that helps.

edit: I would go to AVSForum.com and post a few questions in the <$3500 projector forum. Very knowledgable and helpful over there.

16.77 Max number of colours - that has to be a typo.

It certainly means 16.77 million. That's fairly usual. 800x600 isn't much, but given the price, you can't really expect much more.

Edited by Mick22
Rob2687

At least 1024,768...

If it's within your budget I would consider getting one that's capable of HD resolutions. You also want to look at what kind of projection technology it uses. Like DLP, LCD or whatever.

I have a Benq PE8700 and it rocks.

Capt.Curran

da projector

my budget is around ?450 - ?600:rolleyes:s:

Whats DLP, LCD????? is there a difference:wacko:o:

Would i noice a difference between 800x600 and 1024x768:wacko:o:

Baigley

When I had a projector for my room, i remember my room being very hot.

It was really cool using my computer on the wall though. Movies were quite good. But just gets really hot and draws a lot of power if you're going to be using it all the time.

My friend bought the Dell 24" wide screen LCD thing. That's frigging nice. As long as you have a good video card to support the resolutions, it should be nice.

Projector; I think you will find out on your own that its prob not great to run all the time for gaming and stuff.. Although it is really awesome playing Quake 3 with the characters as big as you are. :)

Capt.Curran

(Rude) Watching hmmmmm :blush: :blush: :blush: as well.

nvme

also, you might want to look up how much replacement bulbs are going to cost. it would probably be a good idea to go ahead and get one. they last a pretty long time, but if you plan on using it a lot it will eventually blow and it's nice to have one on hand so you can get back up in running quickly.

Maxxxuel

Im building a WUXGA projector 1900x1200 resolution based on a DELL laptop screen and seperate controller. Its uses a HQI 33000 lumens lamp, which has a life span of about 20'000 hours and is allot cheaper than commercial lamps. If you like DIY check it out over on http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index.php?showforum=3

Capt.Curran
Im building a WUXGA projector 1900x1200 resolution based on a DELL laptop screen and seperate controller.  Its uses a HQI 33000 lumens lamp, which has a life span of about 20'000 hours and is allot cheaper than commercial lamps. If you like DIY check it out over on http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index.php?showforum=3

586825598[/snapback]

hmmmmmm, im buying not building :wacko: but thanks for thelink