My big bang theory

well there are many many theories out there that try to explain the bigbang. But latly i was thinking and wondered, what if our universe isnt expanding and is only the same size, and either a very massive black hole lies in the center sucking everything in, and we are gettin pulled away making it appear as though the universe is growing. Also, after everything is sucked into this blackhole. since its a super dense object, could it be possible that once everything in the universe is sucked in. Somehow the blackhole burps or just explodes, causing the planets and matter inside to be shot out in a huge dust cloud which blankets the galaxy. and then begins its life forming suns and planets, then over time the sucking happens again. and therefore another bigbang.

just my 2 cents on it

That is kinda what the 'big bust' theory states. That the universe can only expand to a certain point, then it will lose it's momentum and start contracting back to it's original size. Crushing everything back into the 'cosmic egg' from which it burst forth.

ya, instead of expanding i think that soon after we pop out, we start going back in, but it takes trillions of years till we redo the motion and have another big bang, cause if you think about it, it could be feasable.

Three possible explanations of the expanding universe are called open, flat, and closed universes. If the universe was open, then it will expand forever. If the universe is flat, it would also expand forever, but the expansion rate would slow to zero after an infinite amount of time. If the universe is closed, it would stop expanding and collapse upon itself, leading to another big bang, a recycling of the universe... In all three cases, the expansion slows, and the force that causes the slowing is gravity.

k  	W  	Topology  	Time Evolution
1  >1  Closed  Space is positively curved and finite, expands from zero size to a maximum size and then shrinks back to zero again
0  =1  Open  Space is flat and infinite, and expands forever
-1  <1  Open  Space is negatively curved and infinite, and expands forever

Current observations of the Cosmic Microwave background radiation tells, that the universe is flat and will expand forever.

Edited by ripgut

well there are  many many theories out there that try to explain the bigbang. But latly i was thinking and wondered, what if our universe isnt expanding and is only the same size, and either a very massive black hole lies in the center sucking everything in, and we are gettin pulled away making it appear as though the universe is growing. Also, after everything is sucked into this blackhole. since its a super dense object, could it be possible that once everything in the universe is sucked in. Somehow the blackhole burps or just explodes, causing the planets and matter inside to be shot out in a huge dust cloud which blankets the galaxy. and then begins its life forming suns and planets, then over time the sucking happens again. and therefore another bigbang.

just my 2 cents on it

586829791[/snapback]

There are no studies or theories that a super massive blackhole (SMBH) resides in the center of the universe.

1) We haven't even mapped out the entire universe, let alone know the center of it.

2) blackholes don't "burp" they consume matter in which the only thing that does escape them are x-rays which are emitted off the acretion disks that they create, as they consume other bodies of matter because this matter is superheated.

3) Whiteholes are the ones that spew out matter, but they only exist in mathematical equations, there no evidence of them what so ever.

There are no studies or theories that a super massive blackhole (SMBH) resides in the center of the universe.

1) We haven't even mapped out the entire universe, let alone know the center of it.

2) blackholes don't "burp" they consume matter in which the only thing that does escape them are x-rays which are emitted off the acretion disks that they create, as they consume other bodies of matter because this matter is superheated.

3) Whiteholes are the ones that spew out matter, but they only exist in mathematical equations, there no evidence of them what so ever.

586830273[/snapback]

im saying it as a theory though, because since blackholes are still relativly unknown to us in how they work. I am just thinking that what if a blackhole could actually fill up or have activity inside of it that when a big enough fission reaction happened, it could change the blackholes property to a whitehole and spewed out all of the matter.

its only an opinion of mine, but if you think about it noone has said a blackhole couldnt just stop swallowing objects and spew them out insitead. But if we ever find out that will be a very very large step into understanding how the universe works.

Sounds like an interesting theory. I have my own theory about the red-shift observed in light. I think it's due to the fact that light "decays" as it travels. Turns out my theory is pretty widespread. Look up "c decay" on google. Unfortunately I don't like the fact that it's been associated with creationism. But I still believe the theory is well-founded. Think about it, the further into the past you go, the more energy the universe had. To me, it just makes sense that light is slowing down. There was probably one point when light was travelling at an infinite speed, after which that speed went down really fast. Light is slowing down: News Article!

im saying it as a theory though, because since blackholes are still relativly unknown to us in how they work. I am just thinking that what if a blackhole could actually fill up or have activity inside of it that when a big enough fission reaction happened, it could change the blackholes property to a whitehole and spewed out all of the matter.

its only an opinion of mine, but if you think about it noone has  said a blackhole couldnt just stop swallowing objects and spew them out instead. But if we ever find out that will be a very very large step into understanding how the universe works.

586832526[/snapback]

That's proposterous, Gravity is the dominating factor in a blackhole. It doesn't get filled up. Theories have to be backed up with some kind of evidence, And right now your's is nothing but talk. Sorry to sound prude.

That's proposterous, Gravity is the dominating factor in a blackhole. It doesn't get filled up. Theories have to be backed up with some kind of evidence, And right now your's is nothing but talk. Sorry to sound prude.

586833427[/snapback]

yes i understand where your coming from, but noone really knows what happens with blackholes, we just know that things get sucked in, and the rest is speculation of what could happen, if we were able to test things at the blackhole to see what happens there maybe we can better understand what is happening, and will be able to see (where) i say that with just speculation, where the universe came from, or will end.

Well currently, like i said, there is no theories or idea that the universe did start with a blackhole, or in this case, a White Hole. The central thesis for the big bang is that about 15 billion years ago and two points in the universe were arbitrarily close together, the density of matter at that moment was infinite. The Big Bang can be traced back to the planck epoch which is 10-43 Before that it had to exist in a singularity, energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another.

• 2 weeks later...

The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another.

Yes. and in the beginning of the universe, it still had all the matter that you see in it today, it was just condensed and shrunk to an almost infinitely dense point.

Yes. and in the beginning of the universe, it still had all the matter that you see in it today, it was just condensed and shrunk to an almost infinitely dense point.

Along with the laws of physics, if the planck opoch brought the laws of physics into existence surely they should have existed prior to this as well, if not this would be a violation these laws as well.

Many scientists also believe it may be a fallacy to speak of a center of the universe, because the universe isn't believed to expand into anything -- i.e. it's not like a balloon, because a balloon has an outside, when the universe hasn't. At all places in the universe can you see an outwards expansion from that spot according to popular theories.

Here's more talk about this:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Rela.../GR/centre.html

And here's some more attempts at explaining this behavior (that's probably illogical to many):

http://www.exploratorium.edu/hubble/tools/center.html

And I think this is what happens when misinformed religious people* interpret this behavior:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2002/0807tj.asp

* not saying all strongly religious people are misinformed, but I think in this case the article author was, and that's what I meant.

And I think this is what happens when misinformed religious people* interpret this behavior:

Why do these people seek to deliberately distort and lie to the uninformed in this way?

• 3 weeks later...

Good theory. I wonder if we could ever 'escape' from this universe, thus escaping the ever repeating self-recycling. However, what's outside of the universe? Another world? But what's outside of THAT, and outside of that, and outside of that...and so on. I've never understood how the universe (or anything) can be infinite. It sucks that we know so very little about the universe.

• 2 weeks later...

I been getting in to the science thing for a couple years now. I don't think I know as much as you guys do but he I go with the big bang theory. Last week I saw a show on big bang which it was on the Science Channel. The big problem with the big bang theory from the 60s or 70s is that if the universe moving at a concern speed then the start of the big bang was only 7 to 8 billion years old. But science today and measure the age of a star perfectly and the oldest starts are around 13 to 15 billion years old. Which there lays a problem with the big bang and age of the oldest stars. You can't have a daughter that is older then her mother. In the last few years new discovery found out that the universe is expanding faster overtime. The gravity that try to keep the universe together is not strong enough to keep the universe together by the big bang force. Which means in 10 to 100 billion years earth and the dead sun will be flying through space in complete darkness and alone. Science would measure a Supernova when it explode and they found out the exploding was moving farther away and faster over time. There were more stuff that prove the universe was expanding faster over time.

I been getting in to the science thing for a couple years now. I don't think I know as much as you guys do but he I go with the big bang theory. Last week I saw a show on big bang which it was on the Science Channel. The big problem with the big bang theory from the 60s or 70s is that if the universe moving at a concern speed then the start of the big bang was only 7 to 8 billion years old. But science today and measure the age of a star perfectly and the oldest starts are around 13 to 15 billion years old. Which there lays a problem with the big bang and age of the oldest stars. You can't have a daughter that is older then her mother. In the last few years new discovery found out that the universe is expanding faster overtime. The gravity that try to keep the universe together is not strong enough to keep the universe together by the big bang force. Which means in 10 to 100 billion years earth and the dead sun will be flying through space in complete darkness and alone. Science would measure a Supernova when it explode and they found out the exploding was moving farther away and faster over time. There were more stuff that prove the universe was expanding faster over time.

Hubbles law is used to measure the xpansion of the universe, Earth will not be in complete darkness, see Galaxies are colliding, forming clusters. The Milky Way, Andromeda, and a few others, including the small and Large Magellanic clouds belong to the Virgo cluster. the analogy used to explain the receding of the galaxies is the raisin cake theory.

cake_E.gif

One usual image used to describe this effect is a cooking raisin cake : the cake inflates and the raisins move away the ones from the others. The further they are, the faster they move.

You need to understand that this expansion is a property of space-time itself. Galaxies don't drift away in a solidified space, they are motionless in an expanding "web".

Actually, we measure the redshift of their spectrum. But the wavelengths of the emitted radiation grow with the expansion, like all the lengths. The "apparent escape" of the galaxies is thus only the translation of a Doppler effect created by this expansion of the universe. This expansion has no center. Each raisin can see the others moving away, whatever their initial position. It is the same for the galaxies in the universe.

Let us note that, if the distances between the galaxies increase with time, it's not the same for distances inside the galaxies : the gravitational force sets again this expansion and, hence, allows the full galaxy to stay binded.