Widescreen television and computer monitor?

Basically, I would like to use one monitor that's shared between my Mac Mini and Xbox 360, that also doubles as my cable television. It's also got to be widescreen, but I was wondering, which would be the best route? At the moment, I think the options are:

-An HD ready television.

-An LCD monitor.

Though, if I were to go with and HD ready telvision, would that also double as a computer monitor? Would the reverse also apply to the LCD monitor? Also, is there a piece of hardware that makes this simple, I would like to keep the unplugging and plugging to a minimum. :)

Is there anything that can simplify the process, perhaps some sort of a hub that eliminates the need to unplug one video source and plug in another? Would any of the following suffice?

Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1 in LCD Monitor

Samsung LN-R238W 23 in Flat Screen LCD TV

Anything else that I should know? Thanks a lot for any information, it's greatly appreciated! :)

I'd say go with the Samsung. It has a VGA connection for your mac mini and all the standard HD TV hookups for your cable and xbox360. Plus, it has HDMI unlike the Dell which only has DVI.

Thanks a lot guys, the information is appreciated. Just curious, where did you learn all of this? Is it somethign that can be picked up in a couple of weeks, or is something that you're consistantly learning about?

Thanks a lot guys, the information is appreciated. Just curious, where did you learn all of this? Is it somethign that can be picked up in a couple of weeks, or is something that you're consistantly learning about?

586838493[/snapback]

You can learn the basics pretty quickly, but with technology constantly evolving, so must your knowledge.