Monster power bar question

My home thretre system is a DVD player and reciever in one. I have it plugged into the reviever port on the power bar but i was wondering if that's right or should i put it to video.

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't matter. Those labels are there just to help make things a little easier for you when it comes to finding the right cord to unplug later on.

That true bangbang. I'm looking for a surge protector for my system. I don't have many component, just a TV, two satellite receivers, and a HTIB (I'll post some pics later). You have any recomendation on a sub $100 surge protector? Thanks.

when dealing with higher end models of power bars it is ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT that you plug in the right ones in their corresponding places. the audio and video have different filters as well as digital and analog devices.

when dealing with higher end models of power bars it is ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT that you plug in the right ones in their corresponding places.  the audio and video have different filters as well as digital and analog devices.

586838261[/snapback]

That's the higher end models. The lower end ones from Monster and such don't have such precision on them. I'm going under the assumption that no one in this thread dropped much on their bar. It only really becomes important on the Monster bars that cost $150 and up.

bangbang023, you work at bestbuy right?

sorry if I am mistaken......

586838277[/snapback]

Yes, I do. The lower level bars (they really aren't "bars") aren't built to the same quality as the more expensive units from Monster. The sub $100 ones are considered surge protectors while the one's $150 and up are considered power centers with specialized filtering per device and line input.

edit: Jesus, I just realized he said he has the hts1000. In that case, you should definitely align the plugs properly. Connect it to audio/receiver (I forget what it says on the sticker).

I am a Digital Audio Supervisor here at Bestbuy in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.  Our DI/Wireless department was just split into three individual ones, Digital Imaging, Digital Audio and Cellular.

586838285[/snapback]

A little off topic, but what segment store are you?

I am a Digital Audio Supervisor here at Bestbuy in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Our DI/Wireless department was just split into three individual ones, Digital Imaging, Digital Audio and Cellular.

Ah I see. I'm in a buzz store. Unfortunately, for a Home Theater guy like me, that means all boom and no quality. We have some decent sets and sound systems, but most of it is just meant to be large and loud without much focus on top end quality.

we are a BBFB store, bestbuy for business. we were one of the first ones, I was a geek squad agent for 3 months, then business professional for 6, then computer senior for 2 weeks and now i am a supervisor, started last week. apparently, as I hear it all stores in canada are going to be transfered into bestbuy for business store. so far there simply isn't market here for any of the higher end stores.

i love my store. here in canada bestbuy has been expanding like crazy, this meaning new positions opening like crazy. like i said i've been working for almost a year now and i got promoted 3 times pretty much. people are getting moved around like crazy, which can be fun and not fun in the same time.

So it does matter that i put them in the right place? So which one should the reciever/DVD player be plugged into?

586840539[/snapback]

edit: Jesus, I just realized he said he has the hts1000. In that case, you should definitely align the plugs properly. Connect it to audio/receiver (I forget what it says on the sticker).

586838284[/snapback]

I got the Monster MKII Home Theatre Power Centre (HTS1000) and it's pretty good. I notice the the video is better and audio a bit better.

586838053[/snapback]

I have that same one :p