Recommended Cube Games

I havn't had a Gamecube for that long, previously had an xbox, but just generally needed a change.. and as a N64 owner since '97, i thought that i'd try out the games i'd missed out on by not having a gamcube..

so far i've played Starfox Adventures, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart Double Dash, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Super Mario Sunshine, Mat Hoffmans Pro BMX 2, Tony Hawks 4, Crazy Taxi, Rainbow Six 3, THUG2, F-Zero GX.. and um i think thats it.

The games i already have are: Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, and Zelda - Windwaker (with Ocarina bonus disc). (yeah, i've got rid of alot of games) Also i've got Paper Mario and Viewtiful Joe on the way.

I've put together a 'to buy' list which is: Animal Crossing, Viewtiful Joe 2, Pikmin 2, Rogue Leader, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime Echoes, and ofcourse Twlight Princess for whenever its released..

Is there anything that i havnt listed that i'm missing out on?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions given :ninja:

billy hatcher (if cheap)

- numero uno = starfox adv's

smash bros = a fun run,

is f-zero x any good? :huh:

(sphinx is kinda cool- the zelda that still isn't out! grr...)

- next on my list of 'to be got' is pikmin 2, no time limit :D

Mario Baseball, Mario Tennis, Mario Soccer (Super Mario Strikers, well when it comes out) and if your into DDR...then DDR Mario Mix. Also check out the Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes Remake for GCN.

Edit: Oh yeh, Get Geist :D

Edited by Ryan92

Luigi's Mansion and that zelda game, IMO the best games for the console, period.

586846172[/snapback]

Luigi's mansion is good, but way too short and easy IMHO. I'd also sugest beyond good and evil, Donkey Konga (I have the first, going to buy the second in the future), Killer 7 (it actually made me feel intelectually inferior, such a deep story), All sonic games, specially the collections, the megaman collection, the RE1 remake, as well as RE Zero (very cheap this days), and Mario Power Tennis.

These are the ones I've played and consider very good. There are many more out there, but it depends on your tastes.

My list for you(I forgot 100s I am sure)

Must Haves(*)

Mario Kart

Mario Sunshine*

Final Fantasy CC

Resident Evil 4*

Resident Evil

Geist*

Zelda WW*

Animal Crossing*

Viewtiful Joe

Sonic Adventure double pack*

Star Wars Rouge Squadron 3

Star Fox Adventures

Cel Damage

Metroid Prime*

Super Smash Bros*

Eternal Darkness****:D

Many more jsut can't think of emm.. have fun!

I'm picking up Fire Emblem for myself. Looks like a game I'd enjoy and it got good reviews too.

Otherwise, if your into party games like Super smash brothers and Mario Party, you should try out Super Monkey Ball 2 (I believe they have a combo pack with 1&2 in it). VERY fun party games, definately gets way more useage than Mario Party at my house.

I enjoyed Luigi's Mansion, but I wouldnt put it as a must buy. Paper Mario 2 actually surprised me, turned out to be a very enjoyable RPG... definately worth it. I never played the first one, so I didnt know what to think of it, but the commercials drew me in.

wow.. thanks for all the replys, ill add Eternal Darkness, and i may pick up one of the mario party games, although they seem to have got bad reviews since the 5th one.. Billy hatcher looks interesting, i may get that. I've been considering Fire Emblem, although im not too sure if i'd like it. Oh yeah, Monkey ball was meant to be on my to buy list, i just forgot to put it down. I was gonna get Luigi's Mansion when i got my cube, but then i changed my mind as i heard it wasnt too good, i guess if i was to get it cheap it would be worth picking up though? despite it being short.. Donkey Konga 2 was on the list, but again, i'm not sure if i'd like it. Geist was another one that looked worth getting, and i may get Mario Tennis, Baseball, and Super Strikers.. although i've never really been a fan of sport games.

In reply to Dark_INk.. F-Zero isnt bad, really really fast though, i couldnt get used to it which is weird cos i couldnt stop playing the 64 version. But if you're after a ultra fast futuristic racing game, its the one to get i'd say. It also looks nice, and the cutscenes are suprisingly well done.

Ill also add Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and Star Fox Assault to the list.

Anyways, thanks again for all the suggestions :)

Hmm seems im gonna need a new memory card, All i've got is a 4mb and borrowing a 8mb.. I didnt relise there was a 128mb one, may aswell get one of them.

Donkey Konga 1 & 2, get yourself some cheap second hand bongo's.

Girls love this game, for some reason they cant get enuff.

There all initially hesitant, but once they start they love it and will bug you to come round and play all week.

Wario ware for drink assisted silliness too.

• 3 months later...

Wonder why nobody mentioned Beyond Good And Evil so far - brilliant game! And Killer7 of course.

Both won the IGN Best Games Noone Played award, it's really a shame. Especially for Beyond Good And Evil - I mean, it's a game by Michel Ancel (Rayman creator), and it is finally an action adventure done right! No frustrating jumping (but challenging nevertheless), great design, wonderful graphics, good sound, gorgeous character designs, interesting and emotional story (pretty much the only game that ever touched me - and yes, I played Shadow of the Collossus, that ending is stupid at best)...