Xbox360 crashes!

As I almost expected first released version(s) of Xbox360 are not bug free and contain faults. According to site xbox-scene Xbox360 crashes randomly. It doesn't seem to be related to a specific game, as they get reports of the Xbox 360 crashing with several games. And it's not all the same error either. This is why I never buy stuff recently released :D .

Source: ComputerSweden

Umm, so a few people got defective units... That's going to happen no matter what you do. They could have been damaged during shipping.

Fact is, 99% of people will probably never see an error at all. And while it sucks for the few that get defective units, that's what the warranty is for.

Umm, so a few people got defective units... That's going to happen no matter what you do.  They could have been damaged during shipping.

Fact is, 99% of people will probably never see an error at all.  And while it sucks for the few that get defective units, that's what the warranty is for.

586846921[/snapback]

Yes, you are probably right there but it is still strange since first Xbox did not have these issues, neither did Playstation 1/2 or Gamecube.. I don't believe it's due to shipping though, probaby HW or SW problem. Microsoft has answered to this also.

Yes, you are probably right there but it is still strange since first Xbox did not have these issues, neither did Playstation 1/2 or Gamecube..

586846941[/snapback]

thats not true. when xbox first came out, it had same error too similar to blue screen.

thats not true. when xbox first came out, it had same error too similar to blue screen.

586846950[/snapback]

You mean flashing LED's I suppose. Actually I've never heard or read anywhere that anyone had this problem (expect when fitting new modchip). Later it came out that power supply units might be faulty and everyone got their replaced. Microsoft products.... :blink:

Yes, you are probably right there but it is still strange since first Xbox did not have these issues, neither did Playstation 1/2 or Gamecube.. I don't believe it's due to shipping though, probaby HW or SW problem. Microsoft has answered to this also.

586846941[/snapback]

I'm afraid that's not quite true. Both the releases of PlayStation and PS2 had overheating problems if left on for very extended times, and the original xbox had disk problems, both myself and my good buddy MrQuiet couldn't load certain levels on PGR which microsoft attributed to the hdd. We both had to get ours swapped out. The PS1/PS2 problems didn't appear in the US and European releases AFAIK.

AsciiSmoke

I dont think is defective due to shipping. Probably due to programming error or hardware error... and you know how M$'s programming skill is... lol :D

586846943[/snapback]

alot better then yours considering your not rich at it and they are.

I dont think is defective due to shipping. Probably due to programming error or hardware error... and you know how M$'s programming skill is... lol :D

586846943[/snapback]

Their programming skills are definitely better than yours, so stop making immature comments like this.

On the topic, this is quite a bad thing if this is happening to like 10-15% of the user base. Not a good PR for MSFT, which is a shame because I am hoping that 360 will take over a good chunk of market share from Sony, as that company is all about money through unfair business practices and they will do their best to make users do what THEY want. You gotta respect MSFT in that way, at least they voice their opinions to give more rights to users compared to Sony.

Xbox is a very good concept and Bill has a good foresight with all the things it is able to do. Hope this won't knock it off its path...

If this happens to more than 10% of their buyers then Microsoft needs to rethink their QA process before releasing a product. Today in Seattle there was even a news story about the crashing on the local news. This could potentially blow up in Microsoft's face. I know they wanted to get it out before X-Mas, but come on.

The news story said that a kid got his Xbox, it crashes, showed a black screen, and the LCD flashed. He called MS and they told him he wouldn't get a new one until after X-Mas most likely. Shame on MS.

Well if it's hardware problem i have no doubt MS would replace them. Lately they seem to be nice.

If it's software then they could probley just send out disks to the users and update it.

That sucks for whoever got a faulty one. Hopefully there aren't too many like this.

I clearly remember the original Playstations having problems. Although I never owned one, I knew quite a few people that had to stand their systems upright to stop games from skipping and locking up. I would think that the PS3 will have all the kinks worked out by the time it gets released in the states, though.

586846941[/snapback]

not true, the PS1/2 had LOTS of problems (overheating is one of them, cd error is a second) i dont know about the xbox and gamecube though

I've remember reports off all the consoles having major problems at launch. It's typical, you'll hear about problems on every consoles launch...but the fact is that usually the problems aren't widespread at all. When the PS3 comes out, you'll hear the same thing for a couple weeks. Same with the Revolution.

The only wide-spread problems that were factual didn't become apparent until a year or so after release (PS2's DRE's, Xbox's DDE's)

Out of all the launch problems I've heard about, the only one that actually affected me was with the Dreamcast (many of the games were defective).

because I am hoping that 360 will take over a good chunk of market share from Sony, as that company is all about money through unfair business practices and they will do their best to make users do what THEY want. You gotta respect MSFT in that way, at least they voice their opinions to give more rights to users compared to Sony.

586846982[/snapback]

u do relise what u jus said... MSFT the company that MAKES sure that all users HAVE to use their software etc etc...

i still love MSFT but still get ur facts right... MSFT are the monopoly...

not true, the PS1/2 had LOTS of problems (overheating is one of them, cd error is a second) i dont know about the xbox and gamecube though

586848317[/snapback]

funny... i never have that problem from ps1/2 ;)

And my friend went through 4 xboxs, that had plenty of problems as well.

I was that friend :angry:

Two of my old X Boxes caught fire because of the faulty power cords. Another two just stopped working. My first Playstation broke a few months after I bought it, and my Gamecube has random "the disc could not be read" problems... even with new games.

My 360 has frozen twice on the dashboard, but I haven't had any problems during gameplay. Oh welp.

Everything has problems. By saying only one company's products are flawed is blatantly proclaiming your fanboyism.