Employee Says Best Buy Deceived Shoppers

Best Buy has been doing this crap for years.  Count yourself lucky if your store doesn't do it.

586853927[/snapback]

No, they haven't. What those managers did was obviously wrong and I'm not going to sit here and pretend otherwise. However, it's the local management that decided to do it. The company's own S.O.P. would require them to provide the packages as advertised. I wouldn't be surprised if things are handled internally and in a very strict manner.

It's kind of funny. In the NYC area, Best Buy was selling them separately while Toys R Us made you buy a package deal.

hmm, this is true, and in canada too. they made people buy bundles, which ****es me off. i baught the system, and a game, but the game was optional. i had a choice between premium and core..

stupid bestbuy... (sorry bangbang lol)

They did that at my BB, when they said that and the manager walked round w/ the flyers, when he gav eme one, I looked at it showed it to my brother(he wanted the system not me), my bro asked if we HAD to get a bunndle. When the manager said 'yes' my bro just looked at me.

He started walking to the car and i just went right up to the manager and told him to "I should bend you the **** over so i can shuve a controller up your ****ing ass you ######" and he looked at me like he had no idea why I was so mad.

I was really ready to just hit him. I had to drive home w/ a sad 10yr.

Instead of sellind 3 xbox @ 400 = 1200

They sold 2 xbox @ 200 = 1000

Doubt they earned more money...

586852679[/snapback]

I have no doubt somebody bought the third Xbox for $500 just to make sure they had one that first day.

They did that at my BB, when they said that and the manager walked round w/ the flyers, when he gav eme one, I looked at it showed it to my brother(he wanted the system not me), my bro asked if we HAD to get a bunndle. When the manager said 'yes' my bro just looked at me.

He started walking to the car and i just went right up to the manager and told him to "I should bend you the **** over so i can shuve a controller up your ****ing ass you ######" and he looked at me like he had no idea why I was so mad.

I was really ready to just hit him. I had to drive home w/ a sad 10yr.

586853966[/snapback]

Oh man. Sorry bud. I feel for him. :(

I don't have a Best Buy around me, just a Future Shop, but if this is true, and I believe it is, then I'll never buy from BB. Even if FS is owned by them, they didn't cheat people.

The people should get a complete refund and be allowed to keep everything. They shouldn't just get a refund for the extras.

Unless the ad appears in print somewhere other than just inside the one store and it appears right on the day something comes out, you know something's up with that store. I would've wondered what was going on when fliers are being passed out as people are waiting and it's something that hasn't been announced anywhere else.

It's sad because a lot of stores do this all the time

Didn't Best Buy already have some kind of bundle that was priced at $1,000 anyway? The core system with all the extras and 8 games? The Pro Player Bundle or something. I may be getting it mixed up with Toys R' Us

I think you're all nuts for being so eager to get this anyway. It's not the last thing in the world you'll ever do or anything. The store only did what other people are doing already. Buy as many as possible then re-sell them on E-bay for mega bucks. Now, there are really stupid shoppers!! Granted, the store is big time wrong for doing this, but the principle is the same as what I just stated. It's all about that ungodly last dollar!!

our local BB did this as well its BS my 13 year old saved all summer long and had enough to get the < or so she thought> one untill i took her :(

BASTERDS !!!

ill be takeing my busniess to CC or ordering online

i feel bad for that 11 year old...

its hard to earn that much money

and then he was disappointed..

thats just wrong

586852597[/snapback]

:yes: i agree, that's really sad :( no wonder the employee spoke up.

No, they haven't. What those managers did was obviously wrong and I'm not going to sit here and pretend otherwise. However, it's the local management that decided to do it. The company's own S.O.P. would require them to provide the packages as advertised.

586853939[/snapback]

Still, it's the company doing the wrong thing in the eyes of the public.

I would have started a riot at the store right there.

However I don't stand in line at 4AM in the freezing cold to buy ANYTHING unless it simply cannot be purchased at any other time. :p

I would have started a riot at the store right there.

However I don't stand in line at 4AM in the freezing cold to buy ANYTHING unless it simply cannot be purchased at any other time. :p

586854151[/snapback]

Eh there were several cops there to standby if that happened.

Eh there were several cops there to standby if that happened.

586854175[/snapback]

I would of asked the cops if it was legal what they were doing :p and made sure the manager knew i was going to report the store to local trading standards...i would of also kept the leaflet they handed out as evidence.

I hope the ppl responsable for all this nonesence are dealt with, sacked, made to pay back the money they ripped people off with etc etc...

I know if this happens in the UK aswell, even after its happened elsewhere some people will still end up buying them....I know most people are now scared incase they get a faulty unit, but paying over $440 for one....lets hope the people who payed over $700 didnt get one that crashes and is coated in gold.

The same kinda thing happened to me a few years ago with a semi-large electronics store here in Canada called Visions. They had a deal for the first few shoppers on this after Christmas sale to get a satellite system for $99 complete (which was a good price back then). Anyway, I was one of the guys that got the system and the manager told us to stand by for a few minutes while he writes up the paperwork for all of us. He comes back and said in order to buy the dish we had to subscribe to one year of the Premier Package of programming prepaid right there, and the total price for everything was $599! I said, what are you talking about, I'll get my programming where and when I want, and besides it wasn't in the ad. He didn't care and said "Take it or leave it", so I left it. But I'm a sh*t disturber so after a couple of days I contacted Consumer and Corporate Affairs here and they looked at the ad and agreed with me. They sent a demand letter to the head office of Visions giving them 90 days to comply or risk court proceedings with fines of anywhere of $1000 to shutting them down. Suffice to say the company called me and told me to come back in and get my dish for $99. The same manager was there and was almost crying; he said, "I hope you know that the difference ($499) was being taken off his paycheck. I told him to either do what I did and threaten legal action or quit and get a job with a reputable emplyer.

My point is you gotta stand up to sh*thole companies like this and make them pay for their actions. If enough people put in complaints then these things will stop, plain and simple.

I work at a best buy, and we did nothing like this. we didn't even offer any bundles. I myself stood in line for a looonnngg time and just bought the system and a play and charge kit...

heres my opinion..

1. Flyer corrections happen all the time.. wether it's on purpose to make more money or not, they happen, fine print always states that they are not to be held responsible in most cases.

2. where does an 11 year old get $400?

3. An 11 year old has much better things to buy that a $400 xbox 360. As a parent i dont feel it would be setting a good example letting your "child" spend his $400 on a video game system.

just my opinion.

It wasn't Best Buy doing this. There were no such problems at the Bellevue store where Best Buy executives from Minnesota were, nor did other stores have this problem from what I hear.

They did hand out flyers with bundles, but they made it clear that the bundles were merely suggestions.

I'm betting it was the local store management that decided to pull this crap. They're the ones to be angry with.

I'm betting it was the local store management that decided to pull this crap.  They're the ones to be angry with.

586854443[/snapback]

Does the management work off comission or is he just trying to rack up sales statistics to show the coporate office?