[ UK ] : 11Mbit Internet : Can I do this?

Howdy Folks,

A little guidance here if you could: I currently have an NTL 3Mbit connection, with Bulldog 8MBit available in my area. With NTL supposedly upping to 10Mbit during 2006, I want to employ both connections and have somewhere up around 18Mbit of download bandwidth to play with during 2006.

Is this easy to do, with a product as simple as: Netgear

... or am I completely missing the point, and assume this can't be done this easily?

dunno becuase ud have 2 different connections, think it needs load balanceing equipment, also unless you are downloading from multiple sources you will only ever got as fast as the connection you get routed though for that download.

If you live close enough to the exchange adsl2 should provide higher speeds soon it may be better to wait

i know adsl2 can do up to 24mbi but i blieve its only got a 300 meter range @ 24mbit :rofl:

but 12 - 18mbit or so is more obtianable further away i think!

You would need some sort of load balancer which are probably quite expensive. I'm just wondering why you would want both, I mean yes you could theoretically get 18Mbit but you maybe as well just have NTL as you can get TV too. :blink: