Canon SD400 or SD 450 for my girlfriend

Hey guys, I was planning on getting my girlfriend a new camera for christmas, but was torn between the SD400 and SD450. Is the extra 0.5" really worth it? thanks

Hey guys, I was planning on getting my girlfriend a new camera for christmas, but was torn between the SD400 and SD450. Is the extra 0.5" really worth it? thanks

No you will have all the extra noise with the 5MP model I have the Canon IXUS400 it?s the same thing I think just with a different name here in Australia its fine.

Sorry my bad :blush: , Dam Canon use different names in different places I thought you where asking about a different cam.

Looking at what you like I?d go for the least expensive one, the extra 0.5 is hardly worth it if its going to cost more.

Personally I asked for the SD450 for Xmas only because its the newer revision, it gets used in a commercial with Maria Sharapova and the bigger LCD screen looks awesome (brighter, better picture). I'm the type of person that gives their camera to friends/family to look at the pics... so the bigger LCD really does help.

Personally I asked for the SD450 for Xmas only because its the newer revision, it gets used in a commercial with Maria Sharapova and the bigger LCD screen looks awesome (brighter, better picture). I'm the type of person that gives their camera to friends/family to look at the pics... so the bigger LCD really does help.

you've got a point. If you like to show pictures right away, a bigger screen will help. Specially if it has also a bigger resolution!

I hope the 450 will make the job for you