MOTORAZR V3 Review

What part of Brissie you from?

North brisbane, about 15 - 30mins drive from the inner city

I passed on the V3 the minute I saw it. Looked flimsy in construction, hinge looked like if a little too much

pressure was applied it would snap right off.

It's a pretty solid phone actually. The hinge I wouldnt test personally But I have had no problem with it. It's certainly alot more solid than many phones ive used, especially anything made by Nokia (their removable faceplates are the issue here as they are made to be removed)

dunno warner but yeah I know of strthpine although I aint that sure where it is. I'm in The Gap which is near Ashgrove and bardon. I'm so hopleless when it comes to suburbs, I couldnt locate the one 2 suburbs on from me if you know what I mean. heh.

http://www.arta.com.au/qldmaps/brisubs.html yeah there yah are. Bang on north from me basically.

yeah we competed agains BBC in sports. Never been to BBC but I go past it alot and I'm at the uni thats 5mins from it, they do look to have nice grounds. They do have alot more money than my old school but (Marist college ash)

Edited by Smigit

hmm it seems that everywhere around the world they give different boxes for the V3. Mine came in the original (i think) aluminum or some metal case that slides open.

anyway having used it for a while i can tell you that the keypad wears out very easily especially if you text a lot.

post-60049-1133657524_thumb.jpg

post-60049-1133657553_thumb.jpg

post-60049-1133657567_thumb.jpg

anyway its still a nice phone :) nice review and pictures

i rather carry an ipod around too :laugh:

Looks like coffee is stuck in it!! I set up a RAZR V3x yesterday for a mate, and i quite liked the key pad. It wasnt a mirror type thing. More a solid dark colour!

hmm it seems that everywhere around the world they give different boxes for the V3. Mine came in the original (i think) aluminum or some metal case that slides open.

Each provider usually brands+sim locks their phones, so they have to put it in a new box ;)

Fido (now a part of Rogers) usually puts pictures of dogs everywhere they can when it comes to boxes/paperwork/manuals.

• 4 weeks later...

Thats another thing with the Razr series. Unlike other mobile phone companies, Motorola has made this imo, a non business phone.

So things like desktop chargers arn't available for it.

Other companies will make their phones to appeal to one group of people, but will never limit the phones capability for all the markets.

Here in Australia, we have just had a Moto V3x released on Three. First impressions arn't good. Looks very funny, and well, what more can I say. I don't think it will sell well for the following reasons:

- Three Network in Australia sucks ass

- Its ugly

- Plenty of people don't like it in black

The v3x is also available on Vodafone and Optus' 3g networks.

And yes, it is an ugly piece of crap. I just bought a v3 BLK from Optus the other day, and its a great phone, but ill probably upgrade to the v3i - I want that extra memory.

• 2 months later...

nice review, i read every word :)

i had to renew my contract today, it's up in 2 days.. well was. But i had $67 fido dollars to use, so i wanted a new phone, but i have to get a FLIP phone. Single sided phones get scratched too easy, and if you scratch the screen, your screwed basically.

I'm upgrading from my V400, was a cool phone for 2 years, but the Motorazr V3 was too hard to pass up. I love Motorola, and the qualities of phones are amazing (but i keep good care of my phone.. no scratches for 2 years! well no i lied.. i dropped my phone getting out of my car 3 days ago! i was sooo ****ed, the entire side was scraped, thats why i got a new phone)

i got the silver one :)

After owning one for about 4 months, I have some plusses and minuses for this phone:

+ The mod community in general. It's great to have somewhere to look at for some help in adding stuff and changing settings that would normally be restricted by this phone.

+ Easy to use software and tools for working with the files and settings in my phone.

+ It looks great. Just a matter of personal taste.

+ LCD screen's quite pretty. (The large one)

+ Photos aren't too bad. If I need better pictures I'll just grab my digicam.

+ The UI is quite intuitive, except... (read below)

- Try applying a custom skin and the UI slows down to a frickin crawl. (One with embedded icons) Personally I'm with some of these guys that posted in this thread - the UI may look nice but it is indeed sluggish. (But hey, I can live with a slightly sluggish UI for a Windows XP Luna-esque look for my phone. Makes it look different than the other Razrs I run into everyday.)

- The smaller screen on the back is CRAP. Very poor colour reproduction.

- The speaker is just too DAMN QUIET. I have great difficulties holding a phone conversation in a bus, outdoors (with the wind blasting against the phone), etc. (I still have yet to apply a seem edit for increasing the volume... but still.)

- Sometimes I get clipping in my calls - they last for half a second, and seem to be quite persistent when the phone is wrapped in this case I got at The Source. Maybe it's just Rogers and their network - it happens on my dad's Nokia phone as well.

- If I use the side button and try to change the ringer style, the speaker makes a loud "PLUNK!" when changing from Silent/Vibrate to something else.

- Speaking about the external speaker, it isn't too bad for most songs. Some songs do come out very screechy. It is quite inadequate for the speakerphone if the volume is set to max.

- THE STUPID "HELLO MOTO!" RINGTONE IS JUST #*$&! :pinch: (I personally find that ringtone a bit more annoying than Crazy Frog.)

- I don't know why the phone insists on bugging me every 10 minutes if I missed a call (and if the ring style is set to Vibrate).

And as another plus:

+ How the hell does everyone have this phone? 6 out of 10 phones I saw everyday for the past few months were Razr V3s.

But since this is my first cell phone, and since I'm binded by a 3 year contract, I can't complain that much. The only thing I care about is this phone being in one piece and functional for the next 3 years.

you can do a seem edit to increase the volume on the earpiece.

Yea, too many people have this phone now; that's why I've upgraded to a V3i. Similar look, but different enough to stand out.

But since this is my first cell phone, and since I'm binded by a 3 year contract, I can't complain that much. The only thing I care about is this phone being in one piece and functional for the next 3 years.

WOW, 3 years? That sucks man. Just last week, I saw a deal at Amazon where it was a free RAZR, free bluetooth headset and $80 back for a 1 year contract of $40 a month or more.

• 5 weeks later...

Nice review. I think the RAZR is a good phone, but it does seem to be form over function, though.

Wtf is Fido?

(sorry if someone already covered this, I dont want to go through all 7 pages)

Fido is also a service provider like Rogers, Bell, Sprint, Verizon etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

How to do make a video clip? Ive been trying with my friends and there is no way either of us can figure it out.

I don't know if its just me but I used this phone at a Radioshack store near me and a friend let me try it out. I must say the interface is so laggy. Does anyone else agree?

I don't know if its just me but I used this phone at a Radioshack store near me and a friend let me try it out. I must say the interface is so laggy. Does anyone else agree?

No, mine isn't at least.

^No, 1:30

That's because your RAZR's hacked you ****! :laugh:

btw: The menu's not sluggish at all, the only sluggish thing is when your recieving a call and you open the phone, it takes like 1-2 seconds before the ringtone stops and the conversation begins. :/