Accessories for iBook?

when using an iBook on the desktop (ie., not on the go), are there decent accessories availible? Can you just get an apple keyboard, any mouse, and a decent set of speakers and just plug them in and let them do their thing?

also for the speakers, how big can you go on a laptop? and does apple have any proprietary audio connections, or can you just plug in any pair of speakers?

I'm guessing the keyboard and mouse can work just by pluggin in a USB keyboard and mouse. The iBook has a headphone socket so you can run a lead to a hifi that way, I don't think it has the correct port for the Apple pro speakers. That's a different socket which also provides power (I guess cause it's only one lead to the speakers).

The iBook has 2 USB ports. I have my Intelli Mouse in one of them and I know that you can also use a USB keyboard. I also am using my Boston Acoustic speakers that i used with my PC. All I had to do was plug them in into the headphone set. No need for any drivers and they sound great.

The iBook also comes with a video out port and includes an Apple VGA Display Adaptor so I can mirror my screen on an external display.

Originally posted by GatorZx2

The iBook has 2 USB ports. I have my Intelli Mouse in one of them and I know that you can also use a USB keyboard. I also am using my Boston Acoustic speakers that i used with my PC. All I had to do was plug them in into the headphone set. No need for any drivers and they sound great.

The iBook also comes with a video out port and includes an Apple VGA Display Adaptor so I can mirror my screen on an external display.

Wait a minute. The iBook comes with the VGA adapter? I thought you had to buy it extra. Can you clarify on this please.

jesse ;-)

Originally posted by jessejlt

Wait a minute. The iBook comes with the VGA adapter? I thought you had to buy it extra. Can you clarify on this please.

jesse ;-)

from Apple.com

The iBook comes with this

VGA video output

The iBook is also equipped with VGA video output to mirror your work to an external display or projection device. Simply connect your external display or project onto the video output port using the included VGA display adapter ? and you?re up and running.

you have to buy this separatS-Video and composite video output

Displaying your multimedia projects on a big-screen TV is easy. Simply connect your TV to the video output port via the optional Apple video adapter, and ? ta-da ? you?re on television.

ion.

Originally posted by bogd

from Apple.com

The iBook comes with this

VGA video output

The iBook is also equipped with VGA video output to mirror your work to an external display or projection device. Simply connect your external display or project onto the video output port using the included VGA display adapter ? and you?re up and running.

you have to buy this separatS-Video and composite video output

Displaying your multimedia projects on a big-screen TV is easy. Simply connect your TV to the video output port via the optional Apple video adapter, and ? ta-da ? you?re on television.

ion.

Oh I see, I got confused with the S-video thing I suppose. Thanx for clearning that up brotha.

jesse ;-)