Site Speed

How is the site speed today?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. We sorted out some server issues and need feedback.

• It's flying
    • It's slower
    • It's about the same as always
    • I don't even care
    • I care but I am unable to answer the question

I have found several bugs.Many of the links that are supposed to work dont.It is slighlty faster but still not as fast as the old site.

and also some bugs with how the webpage is displayed at different resolutions!

i find that Neowin is hit or miss.. it doesnt matter what time of day i visit the site as i visit many times throughout the day... it seems to either be fast and sudden, or takes forever and usually times out. When it times out i have to hit Refresh many times before it finally brings the site up. For example, this morning when i clicked this thread, it came up immediately... but when i voted, it took well over 30 seconds just to connect and count my vote... but then i click to go to page 2 and it's instant. I really dont get it to be honest... the site speed is never constant for me.

https://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=31637

results in...

fatal: phemplate::read_file(): file themes/templates//main_news_post_subheader1.html does not exist.

Also, RSS doesn't work, results in HTTP 404.

And yes, the site is very slow for me. It was much faster when this site was at The Planet. Why did you go to Cogent? Please tell me you have another bandwidth provider!

Edited by trparky

It's not bad - a little bit sluggish but can't complain.

The first page can take a while to load, but once you're in it's ok.

Edited by James B

slower with threads if they even load at all.

the rest of the time it either times out or I get that wonderful "the server is too busy" message.

compared to yesterday, its flying. but it still needs a kick up the bum :D

ya, i just noticed the speed difference this morning.. compared to yesterday, it's like dialup, vs 100mb connection :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Very inconsistent for me... when I first loaded the front page it appeared immediately, then I read this thread and click back again to check and counted to 15 before the page even began to load (I'm on 8Mbit)

Over the last 12 hours or so, I have been changing some things around trying to figure out where the problem lays. So far, the speed is getting better, in comparison to yesterday, where it took almost 30 seconds every page load. Hopefully I will be able to figure this out soon, but who knows.

Every page sort of has this 5 second delay before it starts to properly load content.. like text will be in the wrong sections really garbled then 5 seconds later it springs together but images have still not loaded for another 10 maybe 20 seconds. same on all my computers different browsers been like it since the forum came back online several days ago.

I hope you guys fix it I have faith :cool: