Site Speed

How is the site speed today?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. We sorted out some server issues and need feedback.

• It's flying
    • It's slower
    • It's about the same as always
    • I don't even care
    • I care but I am unable to answer the question

I hell of a lot slower when you have >1000 users (Guests aswell) on this board but when there is less than that many on it it flyes.

Plus i will never reach optium speed as the servers are across the Atlantic (Could you possibly have one of servers in europe)

loads slower on main page. and opening new threads in firefox takes a good 10 seconds..sigh but other than that I'm happy its back up again and no doubt it'll return to normal speed

It's been all over the place, sometimes snappy and sometimes just as bad as before, and even worse, becasue there have been some random errors (i'm sure you'll see them in the logs)

Me and phaez are leaning towards bad code for the main page.. probably just some code looping or something.

If you guys are talking about the mySQL query errors

INSERT INTO ibf_cache_store (cs_array,cs_key,cs_value) VALUES(1,'stats','a:0:{}')

SQL error: Duplicate entry 'stats' for key 1

SQL error code:

Date: Monday 05th of December 2005 03:19:47 PM?

These are just bugs with IPB.

Me and phaez are leaning towards bad code for the main page.. probably just some code looping or something.

If you guys are talking about the mySQL query errors

INSERT INTO ibf_cache_store (cs_array,cs_key,cs_value) VALUES(1,'stats','a:0:{}')

SQL error: Duplicate entry 'stats' for key 1

SQL error code:

Date: Monday 05th of December 2005 03:19:47 PM?

These are just bugs with IPB.

They werent' there before, which sucks.

In the last few minutes, most pages' generation times have been averaging 1 second (with one time taking 15sec, and the times for the Reply page being ~0.05 seconds except for one time that took ~1min and then showed an SQL cache error), but with quite a few seconds added on to finish showing the page (5-10 seconds, on my 1+mbps connection).

Overall, very bad; much worse than the already bad performance of Neowin the couple months before the switch.

Things have gotten worse since I last posted. Now I get nearly constant "server busy" errors or MySQL errors. :(

Still, I know this must be as frustrating for you, the staff, as it is for us, so good luck!

takes a while for it to load but it's okay, the main page has some problems showing off images sometimes and sometimes the forum links on the main page won't work. sometimes the forums won't open at all. i'd have to press F5 a couple of times. but other then that, it's slower then before but it will work out once the servers are tweaked. atleast i hope so. :whistle: