World Cup 2006

True. Australia are miles behind most countries in the football stakes, I'm not digging you aussie folks but you have to admit it's not your countries first sport. Where as in England it's religious to most people. But I would love to see you get one over Brazil, definitely be supporting The Socceroos.

I think our group (Englands) is a fair enough group, we always seem to get Sweden must be a Sven thing, if only our manager was from Ivory Coast lol. And Trinidad and Tobago eh, they have a few English based players, they'll be well up for it.

Should be good, I might do a bet on Ivory Coast to get through their group. It's a tough one indeed. The odds wil be fairly nice :shifty:

It will definetly be a stepping stone in Australias footballing history, but it will be a long shot to defeat Brasil, they are the best footballing nation ever :p if they get one over Japan, it will be a nice milestone, but it will take more than strength and speed to overcome Croatia and Brasil, its just not Australias passionate sport..................yet..

Very happy with the draw for England. Looks like we'll be having a go at Sweden again though. Trinidad & Tobago have a couple of good players which might do well. And Paraguay are a good upcoming side.

Goo Holland!.. we have beaten Argentina more than once.. hehe and other ones in our group might be challenging.. Anyways..I'm confident we will pass first round.. :D :D

Oh btw we are in the DEATH group woot! :o

just curious, why do people in europe call it holland? in america we call it the netherlands. which one is the more accepted name?

also, is there any way to find out which matches have tickets still available? i want to get tickets to the semifinal match in munich, where i'll be for a while this summer.

also, is there any way to find out which matches have tickets still available? i want to get tickets to the semifinal match in munich, where i'll be for a while this summer.

Oh, you are maye going to see Brazil in this case. :laugh:

i hope :blush:

Btw, this is what they say about Munich tickets

The third sales phase for tickets for the 2006 FIFA World Cup starts on December 12, 2005, at 12 noon (CET). Further information soon.

check HERE

Definately looking towards the Argentina vs Holland game. That's going to be a brilliant encounter.

Also, the people that watched it on BBC2. Did you get ****ed off with Motsons running comentary? I certainly did.

Australia's stuffed. Croatia and Brazil. Hell, even Japan could probably beat us :(. We should've taken Germany's spot, we'd have half a chance then :).

I was about to say that, i think that is the hardest group, Croatia and Japan are very tough teams, and well, we all know about Brasil.

I'll be impressed if you Aussies make it through group stage, i hope you do, but i can't see it happeneing.

Good luck.

*edit* ^Paul - that's what made me stop watching it.

:@

Australia 1x0 Brazil in the last encounter in 2001 (confederations cup)...they can do again, its not impossible. :)

but still this are the lasts results.

Brasil 1 x 0 Austr?lia - 1988, Melbourne - Bicentenary tournement

Brasil 2 x 0 Austr?lia - 1988, Sydney - Bicentenary tournement

Brasil 0 x 0 Austr?lia - 1997, Riad - Confederations Cup

Brasil 6 x 0 Austr?lia - 1997, Riad - Confederations Cup

Brasil 0 x 1 Austr?lia - 2001, Ulsan - Confederations Cup

This will be the first time the will face in an important competition.

its al about italy....if toni keeps his scoring everygame like he doe sin serie A, italy should go far, on top of that we got other great players and a much better coach, who i think will make the difference for the past. GO ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!

England have a good team but nothing suficient to beat Brazil.

Stop being overly opiniated towards Brazil. Practically every single post you make says that Brazil are better than England, England and Europe suck etc.

No one has said that Brazil are not a good team, we respect Brazil, but people like yourself really tick me and other people off with what you say.

STOP IT AND JUST ENJOY THE FOOTBALL!! :angry:

England have a good team but nothing suficient to beat Brazil.

Oh hush. If you know football at all ... which you probably don't since Brazil's national league is so poor ... you'll know that any team can beat any other team on it's day. England have some of the best players in the world in Beckham, Owen, Rooney and Lampard.

Personally I think that England will play Brazil in the semis and the winner of that game will go on to win the World Cup.

So, yet again, Brazil got an easy group.

The US also got a fairly challenge less group of opponents.

As for Costa Rica (Who Im rooting for the most), first game of the cup is with them vs. Germany.

GO COSTA RICA!!

....Oh and US too

Portugal never wont nothing.. complete a bull**** in world cups...

That does it, stop being an ######!

I must remind you that Brazil and Portugal were part of the World Cup 66's group C:

Group C:

Portugal

Hungary

Brazil

Bulgaria

Do you know why the team list is like that? Because we won all the games in our group and you were kicked out of the competition!

The tournament got underway with England and Uruguay playing a goalless draw at Wembley.

England qualified from their group as winners without conceding a goal.

The new top team in world football was Portugal.

They won all their three first round games and even knocked out twice winner's of the cup Brazil. Pel? just as in 1962 got kicked out of the competition.>

Another surprise was North Korea's contribution to this World Cup. Their victory over Italy is one of the all-time greatest shocks in world football. The defeat sent Italy home as well.

England beat Argentina in a match England coach Alf Ramsey described the South Americans as "Animals".

He refused to let his players swap shirts with them after the match!North Korea led 3-0 over Portugal at one stage and looked like reaching the semis, but then Eus?bio knocked in four goals and Portugal eventually won 5-3.

b>

The semifinals saw the Germans beat the Soviet Union 2-1.

A young Franz Beckenbauer scored West Germany's second goal.Bobby Charlton stopped Portugal and Eus?bio's run in the World Cup when he scored twice to send England to the final. Eusebio scored his ninth goal in the bronze match when Portugal beat the Soviet Union, and that was some consolation./b>

The final produced lots of drama as England faced West Germany at Wembley. England eventually won in extra-time and became the third host nation to win the World Cup.

TOPSCOREEus?bio (POR) 9 goals

Helmut Haller (GER) 5 goals

Geoff Hurst (ENG) 4 goals

Franz Beckenbauer (GER) 4 goals

Valeri Porkujan (SOV) 4 goals

Ferenc Ben? (HUN) 4 goals

We are proud of our team and we'll always be proud of them! And I don't need you to bash other people's teams and countinents! Kthx.

Matheus, in the name of God...stop this bull****.

Show some ****ing respect for other team/nationalities.

If you keep like this, ill contact a mod and report your behavior.

I hereby want to say that he DOESNT represent the brazilians in this board, he is just a lunatic.

And i hope you guys will know how to make the diference between him and the normal ppl.