• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

PowerMac G5 Quad

Bennifer    0

It became his business when it was posted on an open forum.

Kid, have you noticed any difference between the performance of the Powermac quad, and the imac 800mhz, when browsing the web and making newsletters?

applemoto    0

Yes and No, When i boot up the macs the iMac took much longer while the Quad was quicker, and loading safari etc. Browsing the web its self did not have any difference because it depends on the internet connection, making newsletters were a bit faster. :)

saxondale.    15

Why didnt you get something better? its not going to keep up with the high demanding programs

raskren    0

Why didnt you get something better? its not going to keep up with the high demanding programs

Agreed. Why hasn't Apple released a oct-core machine yet? I'm certain that Mac Mail is multithreaded!

shadowmatt    0

I work with macs all day long, the more powerful the better. Even if he only uses it to burn a dvd from idvd the encoding will be far quicker and therefore less time is wasted waiting around. Give it a year or two and all home pc's sold be be as powerful in not alot more so.

Download the free version of Maya and put the computer to good use.

tOta    0

Nice man, that is a beast... Its maybe a waste but use it and try to something useful ;)

I see many ppl jelous but let it off and enjoy your Quad PowerMac G5 :D

applemoto    0

okies, ill try Maya later ;), 3D graphics here i come :D

saxondale.    15

Nice man, that is a beast... Its maybe a waste but use it and try to something useful ;)

I see many ppl jelous but let it off and enjoy your Quad PowerMac G5 :D

I dont think anyone is jealous, they just cant understand why that much money was spent on something not needed.

Matt T    0

I dont think anyone is jealous, they just cant understand why that much money was spent on something not needed.

THANK YOU - finally someone understands what I'm talking about.

am_fek, if he didn't want my opinion he wouldn't have posted this in an open forum. You can't possibly expect everyone to post something positive. He's lucky I'm not some Windows fanboy screaming "OMG WINDOEZ RULZ". I'll try to explain my point to you again - I suggest you read this carefully since you obviously didn't read any of the other posts properly. He wants to make a newsletter, chat with his friends and do homework - he does not need anything higher than an iMac at the most for that sort of thing. Yes, it's his parents' money, but there is absolutely no need to buy a 14-year-old a ~$5000 computer, therefore it's a waste and he's spoilt.

bifgut    0

i dont have cristmas, im jewish, but i am drivven to school in a R$ 300,000 jaguar and i dont brag about it on the web... and btw my friend's dad bought 10 of those for his company and 10 23 inchers... all this in brazil.

[]'s its stupid to brag about your family's posessions

Xephian    0

I work with macs all day long, the more powerful the better. Even if he only uses it to burn a dvd from idvd the encoding will be far quicker and therefore less time is wasted waiting around. Give it a year or two and all home pc's sold be be as powerful in not alot more so.

Download the free version of Maya and put the computer to good use.

Theres a free version of Maya? I've never seen a trial version or anything, can you give me a link?

vf-    38

applemoto, do you have a few more pics with the setup all in place?

applemoto    0

no, but ill take some pics tomorrow and post them tomorrow

tOta    0

So you are telling me no jelousy at all, not a little bit? :laugh:

Syphonic    0

Theres a free version of Maya? I've never seen a trial version or anything, can you give me a link?

Google for the student trial version. I think that's free as long as you don't use it produce anything you are going to make money off.

betasp    56

I am jealous and happy for you. Don't let all those guys put you down. They probably have put togther gaming rigs adn own Xboxes and PS2s (all pointless). You have one hell of a machine, be proud.

Zolk    0

It's known as the Personal Learning Edition. It puts a big watermark on all your viewports and renders. Also, you're not able to open work created in the PLE in the full version of Maya.

saxondale.    15

I am jealous and happy for you. Don't let all those guys put you down. They probably have put togther gaming rigs adn own Xboxes and PS2s (all pointless). You have one hell of a machine, be proud.

i have a ferrari, and i only drive on 30mph roads.

Chaos-X    0

i have a ferrari, and i only drive on 30mph roads.

That doesnt mean that you HAVE to go 30mph...its merely a suggestion :yes:

saxondale.    15

That doesnt mean that you HAVE to go 30mph...its merely a suggestion :yes:

:huh:

Chad    0

How about this....any more of this OT crap will result in a warning. No exceptions.

MonkeyClaw    9

You're right - just like any other person on Neowin.

Oh wait, Chad also has the power to suspend your account ;)

hahaha, nice. Chad is right though, I mean if the guy wants a G5 Quad, let him, its not for us to decide what he will use it for.

As applemoto, I'm still waiting on those pictures... Be sure to take off the side panel :D

nwBen    0

Wow, Daddy's new G5 is nice. Why does he let you use it?

yayo    0

I personally think the purchase is an overkill, but hey - if the kid is happy with it and it gets him bragging rights - gl to him.

sn00pie    2

no, but ill take some pics tomorrow and post them tomorrow

(Y) Looking forward to that. ;)