PowerMac G5 Quad

Thorne^

Congrats applemoto, im sure you are very happy :) ;)

Maybe the Quad is a little to powerful in the moment, but im sure he will be still faster than the first 2000$ Power Macs with Intel CPUs inside.

Assume your parents thought it is a good decision for the future and the long-term use of the Mac, I think they are right.

A suggestion, they should order a AppleCare Protection Plan package for you, to make sure you have no repair costs after the 12 months warranty. Its possible within 12 months from date of purchase.

Fossie

Good luck with your quad.. this shouldnt get outdated too fast, the first load of intels will be buggy..

IK47

Nice computer!

That thing looks pretty damn fast.

btw, don't listen to stupid comments that people post here, half of them are from sterile middle aged hobos.

ph3412t3h13

wtf... ferrari... 30 mph... wtf

DomG

Awesome, awesome computer mate. I admit, I'm jealous, I'd love one myself. Anyway, I hope you have fun with it

Yvo

haha I was going to come back to this thread and post that link. Well done Radish!!!!!

applemoto

yup it is a shame, but i have used OS X for about 3 years now, back then i didnt have a Windows PC, i really liked it until now because OS X just is boring and recently got a PC (and i got some games) , one reason might be because i got used to OS X (i used it everyday), im tired of the brushed metal look (and the shapeshifters themes).

if leopard (OS X 10.5) has a revamp like a new finder, new skin. then ill switch back, but we would have to wait and see.

Mr_Edwardo

OMG you're getting rid of a load of Mac stuff and you're in Oxfordshire... Gimme a price and I'll come pick up :D

tariq

Getting a Quad was a mistake in of itself, not because he's "spoilt", "doesn't deserve it", or is 14 years old. Consider for a moment if he was 32 and bought it for himself only to use Safari. Wouldn't everyone tell him (or think to themselves) it was a bad decision to buy such a powerful machine? Yes it's none of our business, but the fact remains it's a waste like so many others have already pointed out.

For me at least, it's not a matter of jealously, it's simply common sense and practicality, but those saying he is undeserving and spoilt are crossing the line somewhat.

That said, congrats on the new G5 applemoto / good luck selling it

TruckWEB

Nice computer! Would love to have one like that!

But I bet one thing... Even with 2 DualCore CPU and lots of RAM, you still see that DARN SPINNING COLOR WHEEL.... I realy don't know what's wrong with OS X, can't seem to do alot at the same time without freaking and spinning the color wheel...

Anyway, have fun with it, even if it's to surf the Web. I hope those FAN don't turn full speed when you have little animation on a Web page!!!

:rofl:

Luisc

Well I got a Dual 2.3 and I use it for light video editing, photoshop, illustrator, DVDs, and internet. I think that when you buy a computer you should first think for what are you going to use it. At least I do that