AIM Triton Beta 1.1.4

been waiting on adhack, thanks guys. two tray icons is annoying as hell, but I guess I should get used to it.

still getting this bug in the iM windows with some buddy icons:

post-1798-1134175117.jpg

been waiting on adhack, thanks guys. two tray icons is annoying as hell, but I guess I should get used to it.

still getting this bug in the iM windows with some buddy icons:

Looking at some of the code (probably all of it)...I didn't see where there was a buddy icon resize function...so my best guess (as I haven't looked at all the icons) is that this is a custom one. Since Superbuddies however are allowed to take up that space (I believe called the "exploding area" for the exploding smilies) I think it will allow "spilling over" of custom icons that fall outside of standard size.

Just my guess though.

two tray icons is annoying as hell, but I guess I should get used to it.

I just hid the main AOL one. no biggie. Doesn't really seem to serve a purpose.

I just hid the main AOL one. no biggie. Doesn't really seem to serve a purpose.

When you right click on the AOL systray icon, there is a choice to View Notification History. I'm not too sure what it is or what its purpose is. I click on it, and the window comes up, but there is never anything in there. What notifications does it refer to? Does anyone have info in that window?

When you right click on the AOL systray icon, there is a choice to View Notification History. I'm not too sure what it is or what its purpose is. I click on it, and the window comes up, but there is never anything in there. What notifications does it refer to? Does anyone have info in that window?

The notification box is for when Triton gets updates, or the Call Alert/Voicemail pops if you use AOL VoIP, or alerts and reminders...anything that would cause Triton to serve a Notification...hence the name.

The notification box is for when Triton gets updates, or the Call Alert/Voicemail pops if you use AOL VoIP, or alerts and reminders...anything that would cause Triton to serve a Notification...hence the name.

OK, so basically it is completely useless to me :)

The reason i wanted to know is because i was going to hide the icon but didnt want to if i would have any logical use for that Notification stuff.

Guess I'll be hiding the icon.

Thanks.

Any luck on fixing that "Validating" problem? I'm having the same problem. Prior to that AIM 5.9 has been experiencing problems as well. For some reason, I keep getting this font error. It's been doing this for months now and I can't get into any chat rooms. I don't know if it's a related issue or not.

http://ourworld.cs.com/spdemergency/aimproblem2.jpg

Any luck on fixing that "Validating" problem? I'm having the same problem. Prior to that AIM 5.9 has been experiencing problems as well. For some reason, I keep getting this font error. It's been doing this for months now and I can't get into any chat rooms. I don't know if it's a related issue or not.

http://ourworld.cs.com/spdemergency/aimproblem2.jpg

Definitely unrelated. We are making progress on the validating bug. We managed to reproduce the problem a few times on campus now. The next step is to figure out where the SNAFU is...which right now is a needle in haystack.

I don't suppose you know the source of AIM 5.9 error, do you? It seems to suggest a problem with the font. It's a big issue when I try to enter a chat, but it goes into text mode after a while in any given im conversation I'm having with someone as well.

I don't suppose you know the source of AIM 5.9 error, do you? It seems to suggest a problem with the font. It's a big issue when I try to enter a chat, but it goes into text mode after a while in any given im conversation I'm having with someone as well.

What text are you sending in the chat...or is it when you enter the chat room? If its when you enter the room then it is the auto text that is added to the history pane. Have you tried changing the font?

What text are you sending in the chat...or is it when you enter the chat room? If its when you enter the room then it is the auto text that is added to the history pane. Have you tried changing the font?

It's the latter. It happens when I enter the chat room. I'm not sure what the history pane is. I'm currently using "Times New Roman". I changed it to Verdana. I have no idea what the "Text Magnification" thing is, but it's currently set at 100. The problem is still occuring.

I may have an issue on my end. It seems as though AIM Triton prevents my system from turning off my monitor after an hour of inactivity like I have my windows power settngs set to. It's the only change I've made lately and it's only started occuring since I've started using Triton.

I may have an issue on my end. It seems as though AIM Triton prevents my system from turning off my monitor after an hour of inactivity like I have my windows power settngs set to. It's the only change I've made lately and it's only started occuring since I've started using Triton.

Yeah I will add this to the list of items I need to ask QA about on Monday. This one and the one about the black background on certain buddy icons (reported a few posts up) need to get some attention this week. I will report back if this is something we are seeing.

bangbang....are you running an untouched Triton (aka no AIM Ad Hack)? I'm wondering if the ads in Triton make Windows believe there is activity and maybe that is what is causing it...also maybe you have notifications turned on? If so I believe those draw a Window...maybe you have a buddy/buddies signing on that change that hour time to another one and keep progressing?

Dunno just some thoughts.

bangbang....are you running an untouched Triton (aka no AIM Ad Hack)? I'm wondering if the ads in Triton make Windows believe there is activity and maybe that is what is causing it...also maybe you have notifications turned on? If so I believe those draw a Window...maybe you have a buddy/buddies signing on that change that hour time to another one and keep progressing?

Dunno just some thoughts.

I'm using the ad hack version. My initial thoughts have definitely focused on the notifications. I tried it at 1 minute power down intervals and it seems to work as long as no one changes their status. Seems as though the toasters are simulating user activity.

Great. After all the betas and not getting the Validating bug, in this build (1.1.4), I'm starting to get it. At least it's not all the time. I usually have to end aim6.exe, and launch AIM again for it to [sometimes] work.

Don't know if these things have been mentioned, sorry if they have:

1 - get rid of aolsoftware.exe

2 - add option to only have sound play when first message recieved

3 - allow user to override fonts in chat and set his/her own universal font and size

4 - hide taskbar tab but allow buddy list window to be onBottom (desktop)

5 - bitrate in AOL radio is terrible

These are just my opinions, and I certainly realize that this is free software so I should SFTU, etc etc. Still, if these things were fixed I'd use it 24/7.

Don't know if these things have been mentioned, sorry if they have:

1 - get rid of aolsoftware.exe

2 - add option to only have sound play when first message recieved

3 - allow user to override fonts in chat and set his/her own universal font and size

4 - hide taskbar tab but allow buddy list window to be onBottom (desktop)

5 - bitrate in AOL radio is terrible

These are just my opinions, and I certainly realize that this is free software so I should SFTU, etc etc. Still, if these things were fixed I'd use it 24/7.

1 - they already said it's not going to happen

5 - subscribe and you get a better bit rate

Great. After all the betas and not getting the Validating bug, in this build (1.1.4), I'm starting to get it. At least it's not all the time. I usually have to end aim6.exe, and launch AIM again for it to [sometimes] work.

Ah, this is what I saw at work on Thurs. It did not happen everytime and it seemed to be fixed when clearing out aim6 and aolsoftware from the processes. The comment about "fix it already", believe me I would if I could. We are juggling many different bugs with high priorities. Some of the validating bugs will be fixed for non-US English OS and perhaps a few other cases...will this fix all of the validating issues, probably not, but we are making headway.