HD TV - going to the experts

ALL-

I know you get tons of questions like this, boring repetitive I'm sure but I am going crazy comparing online and scrolling through all the topics.

Buying my new husband a TV for christmas, my budget is $1000, I know I want HD not ED, and I want the biggest & best I can get for that measley amount. I hope to surprise him and make him proud that I got a somewhat decent screen for him. Is this possible? Let me know what I should go for.

thanks in advance for the advice...

i guess no none can be assed to find one for you, or neowin has no experets on hdtv

is it true that you can noly get hdtv with flatscreens??

Or maybe I was at work all day.

I would recommend a Sony Tube for that price. You can find a 30" tube for about $700. Check Sony Style.com for more options. Good luck with the purchase.

Sony tubes, the ones with Super fine Pitch especially, are very good, though ginormous in size. As usual, I'm recommending the Samsung TX-R3079WH or TX-R3080WH. Both at slim tubes meaning they are much thinner than their sony counterparts. The only difference on the two is that the 79 has side mounted speakers while the 80 has bottom mounted.