House of 1000 Corpses vs The Devils Rejects  

12 members have voted

1. 1. House of 1000 Corpses vs The Devils Rejects

• House of 1000 Corpses
    • The Devils Rejects

Which Rob Zombie movie did you prefer?

The Devils Rejects is basically House of 1000 Corpses 2

--------------

For me it was the Devils Rejects, but maybe it was because I was in the BIGGEST cinema, I have ever been in to see it. Right at the back, being 3 years short of being able to legally see it =)

As opposed to watchin 1000 Corpses on DVD yesterday

I loved the cool -inbetween- shots in 1000 Corpses, but the Rejects was just an AWESOME movie

But they are both awesome.

corpses.jpghouse_10.jpg

devil6.jpg

Edited by disturb3d

i think the devils rejects was a bigger improvement on his directing skills over house of a 1000 corpses. It had more dialogue, made alittle more sense, it is crazy and twsited way. It was ok, it was super great, but i thought devils reject was better, im sure as he makes more he will get better and better, and we will again have some cool horror and gore movies, not like what we have now...

I love them both, but probably devils rejects just because the writing was a bit better. in the first one the whole dr. satan thing at the end, while cool, really took away from the realism.

I love them both, but probably devils rejects just because the writing was a bit better. in the first one the whole dr. satan thing at the end, while cool, really took away from the realism.

I never worked out what Dr. Satan was... who was it?

Both were essentially re-hashes of pre-existing ideas. HO1kC was pretty much the same premise as 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre'...weird freaky family of serial killers that prey on people they happen upon, but the plot had too many holes and unanswered questions. For instance, who was Dr. Satan and how exactly did he inter-relate with the family? Why did the family supply Dr. Satan with victims? HO1kC was definately amateurish, and you could tell it was Zombie's directing debut, but not a bad effort when compared to most of the utter crud coming out in the horror genre during that time.

Devils Rejects was pretty much an updated horror-version of 'Natural Born Killers'. It answered a lot of the lesser questions from the first movie, but still left a lot of the biggies unanswered (ie the Dr. Satan questions), but at least it did explain how the Clown fit into the picture, which I always wondered. Of the two...well...neither are really good movies, but I find myself watching Devils Rejects a lot more than I ever watched HO1kC. Not sure why, but I do.

One could surmise that not much was answered about Dr. Satan in order to allow for another sequel more dealing with him at a later date.

Found out who Dr. Satan was...re-watched it....

Anybody know the name of the song at the very start of 1000 Corpses?

EDIT: Not the very start, but when the opening bit comes on, when the movie title comes up and shiz

Edited by disturb3d