myBB 1.0 released!

Question

MyBB 1.0 Released

Today, the MyBB Group presents you with MyBB 1.0. MyBB is a powerful, efficient and free forum package developed in PHP and MySQL. Developed with the end users in mind, you and your subscribers will feel right at home with full control over their accounts as well as your control over your forums.

MyBB 1.0 marks the end in along and painful process of various beta releases in our attempt to create a stable working copy of MyBB safe for use in production environments.

This release also fixes two sets of important security vulnerabilities discovered in MyBB. imei reported one set of vulnerabilities, which will not be made public under any advisory. The second set, discovered by tk fixes potential SQL injection problems with uncleaned variables. Coinciding with this release as an advisory outlining that these vulnerabilities exist, however no specific information will be released at this stage [details on affected arguments and files].

For this reason, we recommend all users update to 1.0 as soon as possible.

You may discuss this announcement here: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=5185

Thank you for your continued support,

Chris Boulton & MyBB Group.

New Features / Changes

We tried to keep the number of changes from PR2 to 1.0 at a bare minimum to ensure that new bugs weren?t created. Noticible changes include:

* A "Find Updated" link in the templates section which allows you to identify any custom templates that you currently have which have been updated since your last upgrade.

* A new default theme, based on ideas off Chris, Darren and Kilroy. The new theme includes an updated image set and logo.

Where to from here?

Several things are underway here at the MyBB Group. You?ll be hearing more about this soon, such as where we?re headed with MyBB now, as well as developments with documentation (the wiki), and team structural changes and new positions.

Upgrade Notes

Upgrading your board follows the same simple process that RC4 -> PR2 did.

You will not lose any changed templates if you?re running PR2. Earlier versions require a full revert to the standard MyBB templates.

Assuming you?re already running PR2:

* Upload all of the MyBB files with the exception of inc/config.php, and inc/settings.php.

* Run the upgrade script in your web browser at /install/upgrade.php.

* After the upgrade is complete, login to your Admin CP and use the ?Find Updated? tool in the templates section to search for any custom templates you have which may need to be updated. You?ll need to update your custom templates to contain the new code, or revert them to the default.

Sorry, but whether you're one or a part of a team - everyone should know the system like the back of their hand. Sorry, that's just my opinion. May not be respected, but it's an opinion at that.
However, when you're not using any project management tools with a team of other people, it becomes increasingly hard to do something like that, and once again, I fall back on my previous point: even if I were, I would have had no way to compare it with that of vBulletin's or any other commercial products.

I apologise to surfichirs for opening this Post to say that 1.0 had been released and for any incorrect information that I may of posted, I am going to contact and admin to locked because this is getting stupid now.

Hollix, i think it's obvious that you are trying to generate interest in 'NeoBB' by dragging up ancient history on MyBB. You only signed up here a week ago, and already you are causing trouble.

Please refrain from posting in threads in which you have a competing interest in future, your bias makes the points you make hard to take seriously at best.

/k

I am biased? Is that why I said in the MyTopix thread that I liked it. I also love mercuryboard. Also, I signed up here a week ago, and have caused problems? No, I've stated my opinions and brought severe factual statements with them. I do not talk about crap I dont know.

Alright... this is ****ing insane... holix and Computer Guy... end the debate. From this point on this topic is back on topic.

Now I have to clean 4 pages of complete and total junk. :rolleyes:

And not to forget that he publicly said statement without any knowledge (or proof should I said) whatsoever if everything was true or not. This could lead him in serious problem and even as far as legal one.

Sorry for my bad english.

On subject...

Congrat for your release, I'm looking at it for the next realease of my new website. Can you tell me real quick if you can import data from phpBB?