Open .mdf/.mds image on Mac

Not sure other people has found out it or not, thought i could share it. i have been try to open my Warcraft III image .mdf/.mds under mac os, try different method, but wasn't successful until.... :laugh:

As u may know, .mdf/.mds are PC disk backup software Alcohol image files. There is no software that support these format on mac os, and renaming those files into .iso, .cdr doesn't help either. However, i accidently discover a way to open it with help of Toast 7. :D

dn't worry about .mds file. won't need it

Rename the .mdf file to .dmg.

Open Toast, go the the Copy tab.

Select the file you just renamed.

Click Mount.

mm..check ur desktop again.. :whistle: the disk image mounted :D

for hybird iso disk, like the Warcraft III has 2 disks mounted, eject the Windows one, then the Mac one will function properly.

• 7 months later...

I installed Toast, and tried to mount the image but i click the mount button and nothing happens :cry:

And whats up with this: "eject the Windows one, then the Mac one will function properly"

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip. Dual booting on Intel Mac here. Prior to this I was trying to mount an mdf by installing Alcohol 120%. But whaddayaknow, the damn thing conflicted with MacDrive. So I had to uninstall it. Now back on OS X and everything's peachy and, hey, I can finally burn that mdf to DVD! Hell yeah.